DELETED

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
DELETED

Gas Prices?

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Still over $3.00 here... like $3.40-ish.
Carolyn

Post by Carolyn »

Fantastic!

We are in the $2.60 range (reg) , so more good news from NJ! One of our cars requires premium which is still over $3...ick!
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

$2.58 here. Traded in my gas guzzling SUV for two used Priuses this week, one for me and one for TAD. Getting 49 mpg, filling up the tank with $15.00, and smiling as I drive away from the pump. Hope the price change will be reflected in air fares soon. I'm tracking a few flights for next year, but haven't seen much change so far.
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

yay! You got the Prius(s)! Congrats! :D
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

California Girl wrote:yay! You got the Prius(s)! Congrats! :D
Yes'm, I did and thanks. Not sure what the plural is. Prii, maybe? :D
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

Jorge wrote:
pjayer wrote:
California Girl wrote:yay! You got the Prius(s)! Congrats! :D
Yes'm, I did and thanks. Not sure what the plural is. Prii, maybe? :D

I love to run up behind those things with my big $hit-kickin truck. lmao
Was that you behind me Friday as I was going home? :lol: Yes, I'm no longer the alpha dog on the highway and you evil sock monkeys driving big trucks make sure I know it. :twisted:

But, I love my new babies.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
RickG

Post by RickG »

I bought a used 2004 Jetta Diesel at the beginning of the year and I love. This last weekend down to Southwest Virginia and back - 680 miles without filling up. I got 45 MPG going 80 MPH. I fill it up every three weeks normally.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

Jorge wrote:
RickG wrote:I bought a used 2004 Jetta Diesel at the beginning of the year and I love. This last weekend down to Southwest Virginia and back - 680 miles without filling up. I got 45 MPG going 80 MPH. I fill it up every three weeks normally.

Cheers, RickG

Rick, I want another deisel beetle bad. They stopped making it 2 years ago because of the emmisions. Mine is actually going up in price every month. The problem here is that none of our other vehicles get more then 10 mpg, so we fight over the vw. The problem I have with the hybrids is that I know what it cost to replace batteries in cordless tools, I can't imagine what it will be like in 2 or 3 years for these cars. And what landfill do you put 10,000 used car batteries?
Jorge, have you known anyone who has had to replace a battery on a Prius? We checked that out through various Internet searches, because we had the same concern . Except for a few under-warrranty situations, we found no reports of any Prius battery needing to be replaced. Some reported driving 300,000 miles with the original battery. Hope we have the same luck as I suspect replacing one is expensive.