Whoooh Whoooh.....back after a long absence!

Travel discussion for St. John
RickG

Post by RickG »

Jorge wrote:David,
I'll see ya in May. I will be on a 40ft CAT with Margo & Rick-G and will try to talk them into a Beach Bar gathering. Jorge
I'm dead now.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

Hi, David, welcome back. Didn't you cut yourself last time you were here? I remember the iguana story also.
See you in May!
-Ruth
SarahD

Re: Whoooh Whoooh.....back after a long absence!

Post by SarahD »

Congrats on your upcoming trip! We stayed at Nautilus (next door to Sea Stone) two weeks ago, and yes, the iguanas are still there!

The foliage has grown quite a bit and you will barely be able to see Nautilus now. Only if you sit in the "blue chairs" at the edge of the cliff. :)
David- n Hampton, VA wrote:Hi Everyone, Been absent from the forum for a couple years, and it is great to be back among friends and friendly strangers.

Planning a trip down in May (1-11) to St. John. First trip in May (normally go in the late Aug early Sep window...but with so many storms lately....who wants to chance it!).

Staying in Sea Stone again......what a great villa that one is. Can't wait to see if the same Iguanas are still there.

Whoooh Whoooh!!!!! Can't wait. Tickets purchased, Villa paid for.........now all I have to do is pack. You guys think it is too early?
David- n Hampton, VA

Post by David- n Hampton, VA »

Hi Ruth, (and all). Yep that was me with the stitches all over my hand....and on the second day there!!!! I am going to be WERY, WERY CAREFUL this time. No more cavalier carrying of a trash bag with empty beer bottles up concrete steps while wearing birkenstocks....Nope....from now on....my trash will be lugged up to the car by my daughter.....my 31 year old daughter is coming on this trip with us....that was one of the reasons for this villa....the place has bedrooms on opposite ends....no telling what going to happen in one end of this place..... and at least one of the travelers doesn’t want to know....like Jorge use to say...what happens in STJ stays in STJ. By the way Ruth, my wife already informs me we will be by the store to say hi and to spend some of my little money. She is already making a list.

Jorge, I look forward to meeting up with you. From all the stories (and pics) you shared from the trip reports I read in 2006, you were something of a phenomena!

You cruising down or renting. The boat in the slip next to mine is a PDQ 34 footer, but before he bought that power cat two years ago, he had a 40ft sail Cat. Can’t remember who made it....but what a boat. They had to get rid of it because it had such a high mast it was difficult taking it up and down the ICW (they winter in Florida, but summer up here in Hampton.) It's a small world though...saw that same Cat sailing between islands in the Bahamas. Either, way sounds like a really good time...and while I don’t know Rick yet...he apparently knows you well, and I am sure it will be rocking out there on it....although from all your stories, probably only a small part of the motion will be caused by waves...all the rest will be from that partying!

Sarah, I have to tell you sitting out on the cliff never happened for us in the past....stupid iguanas never let me....maybe those particular ones now live over there in the one you were at. That would be nice. In fact, we had to rig up a barricade made out of pool floats to keep most of the iguanas from taking over the whole deck area. No kidding! Saw all kinds of wild stuff in that place....like this big red/brown crab that had climbed up the patio door frame and was right at my face level when I opened the door. I mean huge thing too. Tried to shoo him a way but as I recall he fell off the cliff and didn’t make it. (I did NOT push him off...despite my wife’s thinking I did...he really did fall all by himself.)
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

David- n Hampton, VA wrote: (I did NOT push him off...despite my wife’s thinking I did...he really did fall all by himself.)
Uh huh. I believe you David. :roll: :lol:
David- n Hampton, VA

Post by David- n Hampton, VA »

Seriously California Girl.....I liked the big fella.....I had never seen any of those big red crabs.......he was just stupid. (Okay....he has a really little brain, so maybe he was a crab genius....but he didn't make good life choices at that particular moment.)
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Oh David! Thanks for coming back to the forum and giving me a great belly laugh this morning! :lol:

Last bumped by Anonymous on Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:59 am.