DELETED

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
DELETED

Photobucket vs. Flickr

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I just have photobucket. I don't like signing up for new things.
pipanale

Re: Photobucket vs. Flickr

Post by pipanale »

wishwewerethere wrote:I was looking at the process and I am wondering why they need so much info for a yahoo account. I don't like having to give out my birthday and zip code, etc...

Looking for feedback, thanks!
How else do they expect to pay for the free service? Advertising!

I have flickr and it's fine for how I use it. I'm a yahoo user as it is, so they know everything there is to know about me.
Chet

Post by Chet »

...I'm a yahoo user as it is, so they know everything there is to know about me.
That's a scary thought... :twisted:
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

I have used both and I prefer Flickr. One aspect I prefer is that Flickr gives you multiple codes for various sizes of a single photo (square, thumbnail, small, medium, large, and original) without having to resize it. If memory serves, Photobucket makes you resize the photo to get a different code. If you post or share photos a lot, this is helpful. I also just like the look and feel of Flickr.

Is it just me, or am I full of geeky answers this week? I am such a dweeb.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I am a flickr fan as well. I just like the look and feel of it. The organizational features and display features. Its easy and quick to upload. Simple. Like me :)
sherban

Post by sherban »

wishwewerethere wrote: but I am noticing that the colors are so dull after I transfer them to photobucket, compared to the files on my computer. Anyone else notice this happening with their photos?
I think you are imagining this....just a guess.

I use photobucket free...it is good enough for me (for free).

I was going to use Flickr at one point but they wanted too much info and signing up, etc...I said "forget it" photobucket was easy...getting lazy, I guess...
Cid

Post by Cid »

I have both Flikr and Photobucket accounts as well as Picassa from Google. I like Picasa the best, but then again I'm a Google fan. They have good editing and sharing options, but the best feature is facial recognition. I have a couple thousand photos there and it was nice to tag 400 photos of my cat all at once. I can then search for "Spaz" and see them all....oh, it works good for people too!

There is a web interface like Flickr etc...but there is also a program you can install that lets you do some editing etc...

http://picasa.google.com/
Still waiting to return to St. John!
http://facebook.com/cidsinclair
[/url]
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Jul 11, 2023 8:26 am.