DELETED

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
jmq

Post by jmq »

You all on this thread need to see the latest analogy made by SoxFan in this thread:

http://virgin-islands-on-line.com/forum ... php?t=9239
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

jmq wrote:You all on this thread need to see the latest analogy made by SoxFan in this thread:

http://virgin-islands-on-line.com/forum ... php?t=9239
Those are the thoughts of a sick mind. How extremely offensive to bring the Holocaust into this! How extremely insensitive to rag on flip-flop about abortion. This guy is way out of line.
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

I do not believe I 'ragged' on flip about her abortion views. The one issue in my mind that she's been most passionate about on these threads has been abortion. That is not ragging on her views.
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
JT

Post by JT »

SJ said: Its either going to be Barr or Nader for me.

OK!!! Ralph Nader??? That's it! SJ, I've lost all respect for you. I used to drive a Corvair and it was the the most fun car I ever drove. And all those friggin' safety things on my lawn mowers that do everything but making it easier to mow a lawn. A day doesn't go by that I don't put a curse on Nader's hemorrhoids!
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

JT wrote:SJ said: Its either going to be Barr or Nader for me.

OK!!! Ralph Nader??? That's it! SJ, I've lost all respect for you. I used to drive a Corvair and it was the the most fun car I ever drove. And all those friggin' safety things on my lawn mowers that do everything but making it easier to mow a lawn. A day doesn't go by that I don't put a curse on Nader's hemorrhoids!
OMG....how much worse can hemmoroids be??? Put a curse on them????LOLOLOL :lol: :lol:

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DCphoto

Post by DCphoto »

Sox, I don't think your winning people over, Maybe it is your attack tone, I don't know. People are entitled to believe and vote how they wish in this election. What happened to your apology after talking with your wife? Flip has the right to feel as she does, because she has lived with almost having to make a choice, thank God she didn't have to, but I'm glad she had that as a option for her and her family. I really hope you never have to be in that situation with your own family. I really think you are doing your party more harm than good, and possibly swayed a couple of votes towards Obama along the way. No one likes a Bully. Do you use the same tone when you talk to people face to face? Something to think about.
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

SJfromNJ wrote:Sox, I respet CG request to answer you here instead of the other thread. Its either going to be Barr or Nader for me. I've been hitting both sites and havn't come to a conclusion yet. You get the point of why I'm doing this correct?
Absolutely.
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

People are entitled to believe and vote how they wish in this election.

You are absolutely correct. Even if last night, Charlie Rose and Tom Brokaw discussed together how they basically don't know anything about Obama. Geez, Tom, you might have thought about that before you moderated a debate.
What happened to your apology after talking with your wife? Flip has the right to feel as she does, because she has lived with almost having to make a choice, thank God she didn't have to, but I'm glad she had that as a option for her and her family.
Again, I did not insult flip this morning. All I said that was her most passionate issue, at least on these boards, has been abortion. You could say that my most passionate issue is that I think Obama is a danger to this country. That would be fair. I did not attack her on her abortion views this morning - no matter how many times you say it.
I really think you are doing your party more harm than good, and possibly swayed a couple of votes towards Obama along the way.

Seriously, if people on this board will make the most important voting decision in the history of their lives to spite me (based on my tone), well then we have larger problems. I would've thought that someone much more famous than I, like say Madonna or Matt Damon (with their evil rants on Sarah Palin), would've had more of an impact.
No one likes a Bully. Do you use the same tone when you talk to people face to face? Something to think about.
No. I have been very successful in my field of sales. I do not talk politics with my customers. I live in CT, where Daffy Duck would get elected if he had a (D) by his name...That would be career suicide.

BTW - CG...I'd love to sit down and have a painkiller with you someday - I'll bet we'd hit it off. I'd even buy.
DCphoto

Post by DCphoto »

I do admire you for your passion for politics, you really should live in Washington, DC, you would fit right in. I think your missing the point, it's not what you say, it is how you say it. Your in Sales, right? This whole thread started with an undecided person asking for advise. If you don't think your words have power, than why bother?
jmq

Post by jmq »

I could only imagine a biopharma sales call from Sox:
“You need to buy our pill. If you take their pill, your junk will turn green and fall off. And here are 17 reasons why, including the latest rumors that come out of Western Slobovia. So don't be stupid like the others that bought that same pill." :wink: (sorry - couldnt resist. Totally kidding)
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

jmq wrote:I could only imagine a biopharma sales call from Sox:
“You need to buy our pill. If you take their pill, your junk will turn green and fall off. And here are 17 reasons why, including the latest rumors that come out of Western Slobovia. So don't be stupid like the others that bought that same pill." :wink: (sorry - couldnt resist. Totally kidding)
Yeah, cute. But I don't sell pills.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:49 pm.