DELETED

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
JT

Post by JT »

You know, my liberal leaning friends call me a redneck. My redneck friends call me a hippie. I have no political allegiance. I vote my own heart and head and screw the parties. But I'm with Powell on the Palin choice. Listen, I've been callled Six-Pack Joe for as long as I can remember and I don't know that Joe Six Pack clown that she's always talking about, but it ain't me Babe. I know that I'm fed up with the Cheney administration and his Boy George. I think that Bush, Cheney, Gingrich, Lott and the rest of that nest of thieves owe all of the USA, and most of the rest of the world, an apology. Good grief, could we at least get a concession from them that they maybe they made a few mistakes? I'm not all that big on Obama but I'm voting against Palin/McCain. I think McCain is a hot headed f**K up, and always has been, before Nam and afterwards. And please don't anybody try to suck me into an arguement that Palin is presidential material. I won't even argue it. The choice for her was just plumb dumb.
Last edited by JT on Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.
DaveS007

Re: Decision Time. Beware Voting Question

Post by DaveS007 »

Jorge wrote:OK, I have not made my mind up yet. There is a McCain poster in my front yard that my wife put there and I'm not sure that is the right man. I am a simple man and it doesn't take nuch to make me comfortable. I'm not worried about killing polar bears to drill for more oil. The auto companies and the goverment will be fighting it out way after I'm gone to worry about that. I'm not worried about our border to the south. The beaners are going to find a way to get here no matter what we do. Wouldn't you? I'm not worried about insurance, I will just pay it no matter what and pass the cost along to my customers. I'm not worried about getting to STJ for my vacations, again, I will just work harder and pass it along to my customers. What I am worried about is this War. My thoughts are that this economy is not turning to the postive side until people feel secure about spending money. And as long as we are in this war we are not going to feel good. So, is Obama going to try and bring our men & woman home? Can he do it? Will you feel better when the war is over? These are just my thoughts right before the big decision week. If you don't like what I have written then please don't turn this into a negative thing. Take care, Jorge
Hey Jorge, buddy. Just wanted to say that this war will never be over until the Islamic Extremist are eliminated. They will always be killing and bombing freedom and democracy as it is there belief that we all either become Islamic or we need to die. I would be more concerned with which canidate is best prepared to fight and kill these, these, dogs, punks, religious zelots, islamic crazies, extremist, whatever you choose to call them. Good luck, choose wisely.
Terry

Post by Terry »

Oops, I think this thread just turned sour.

Peace...over and out.
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Nic in KC wrote:Lastly, today, I was told by a friend who works for the Secret Service that traditionally, presidential nominees provide their own security until they are actually elected President and then they are assigned secret service. Obama has somehow been able to obtain Secret Service since before he was the actual democratic nominee. Therefore, instead of his security being privately paid, it's been provided to him, but yet this isn't getting media attention.

I have no way to prove that this is true at the moment, but my friend has no reason to lie. Just wondered if anyone else had heard this little piece of information or has something to dispute it's validity!

Nic
I am glad you brought that up, Nic. I have to comment on this! First a little history for those who forgot and those who were not here at the time. In 1968 Robert Kennedy was shot and killed in LA after making a speach after the California primary. Although I am not sure of the year but I think it was 1972, George Wallace was shot and confined to a wheel chair for the rest of his life while campaining for president in Silver Springs, MD. The result was that US desided that every presidential candidate would have SS protection. These shootings took place prior to their respective national conventions. The reasoning was that ALL presidential candidates deserve and will have SS protection at our expense. A candidate could, I suppose, turn such protection down; but I don't recall anyone doing so.

These kinds of smears really irritate me. This is the kind of whisper campaign, like Swift Boat, Bush's treatment of McCain in SC during the 2000 primary, and Obama's faith/history/background challenges, that strike me as particularly un-American. I wish that people who are opposed to a candidate - any candidate - would do so using the issues rather than using these below-the-belt kinds of shots. If this was football there would be a 15 yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct and perhaps an ejection from the game.

Thanks for letting me vent on this one.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

loria

Post by loria »

Zoiks. weird things in post land.
Last edited by loria on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Isn't that what I said?

The two events, separated by about 4 years are why we do this.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

Terry

Post by Terry »

Did some posts just disolve or was that my imagination?

Jim...right on.
loria

Post by loria »

yes, one did and i kept on revising mine, then gave up. i was trying to say that wallace indeed was shot in 72.
if anyone wants a 'hockey moms for obama' bumper sticker (it says 'lets take 'em to the boards' underneath that) i can provide them
so , i have shown my colors and now will go crouch and shout 'INCOMING!'
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

Jorge, don't take this as being negative towards you, personally. But, what are you going to do when there are no more customers to pass the costs on to? I know that doesn't even seem possible. It is, however, entirely possible that things could slow down in your business as people decide to put off projects due to financial constraints.

I echo other comments on this thread when I say that I simply can't vote for McCain because I feel that I would be voting for four more years of the last eight years.

I'm not a big Obama backer. I am voting for him, however, because I think that he is better than the alternative.

Good luck with your decision.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
Terry

Post by Terry »

Here in Colorado, we've seen McCain at least 20 times and I'm not sure how many times the Obama campaign has been here. One thing for sure, these visits tie up the freeways and getting around has become more difficult. (with security and such) Our freeway system is not as updated as some States (4 lanes). Considering that I-25 is our main N/S corridor...travel is a problem. But, I'll put up with it, let this State be the swing State this time. Let this election be over and go down in history as the most publicized one in history.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

Jorge wrote:
Pete (Mr. Marcia) wrote:Jorge, don't take this as being negative towards you, personally. But, what are you going to do when there are no more customers to pass the costs on to? I know that doesn't even seem possible. It is, however, entirely possible that things could slow down in your business as people decide to put off projects due to financial constraints.

I echo other comments on this thread when I say that I simply can't vote for McCain because I feel that I would be voting for four more years of the last eight years.

I'm not a big Obama backer. I am voting for him, however, because I think that he is better than the alternative.

Good luck with your decision.

Very good question Pete. When the market fell in 1981, you couldn't get a fixed rate of less then 18%. I found in my line of work that the wealthy never slow down, in fact they usually speed up in there spending when things are slow and just look for better prices. I am in the high end of the construction trade and am busier than I have ever been. If it slows to where I am out of work and dipping into my cash then you will be able to find me most days at Salt Pond. How's Butkus?
I know that you have a talent and that talent always is in demand. But, you get the point.

Butkus is cool. He passed "puppy I" class (barely) and is about to start "puppy II." We all are very proud of his ability to sit and lay down.

Puppy I was a killer. It was at 9:00 a.m. on Saturdays. Here are all these other puppy owners all bright and cheery and then there's Marcia and me...hung over and sweating. More than once I was tempted to march right over to the chocolate lab that liked to bark and ask it, politely, if it wouldn't mind just shutting the f#*k up.

Hope all is well with you.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
KatieH

Post by KatieH »

Food for thought.

I love this quote from Gerald Ford (which is NOT to say that I love(d) Gerald Ford - just that I love this thought)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is a government big enough to take everything you have".
jmq

Post by jmq »

Speaking of quotes, this one from Obama in an interview in the Sunday paper cracked me up:
"If I only watched FoxNews all the time, I wouldn't vote for me!"
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
JT

Post by JT »

Well, again, speaking of quotes:

"If a politian found that he had cannibals for constituents, he would promise them missionaries for lunch"

and:

"Every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods"

Both by H.L. Mencken
When you find yourself in a hole.... quit digging.