DELETED

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Last edited by DELETED on Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Terry

Post by Terry »

I can't believe this forum blog is still going...and has become even more passionate.
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

My thoughts on the oil arguement:

If it were truly about oil, why then did the majority of democrats, including the leaders of the party, vote in favor of the war resolution?

Instead of voting for the war resolution, the Dems could've simply opened up ANWR, the coast of CA, the coast of FL, and allowed drilling for our own domestic sources of oil.
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
loria

Post by loria »

soxfan22 wrote:My thoughts on the oil arguement:

If it were truly about oil, why then did the majority of democrats, including the leaders of the party, vote in favor of the war resolution?

Instead of voting for the war resolution, the Dems could've simply opened up ANWR, the coast of CA, the coast of FL, and allowed drilling for our own domestic sources of oil.
why do you think ? daft if you ask me,

AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED.....
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

loria wrote:
soxfan22 wrote:My thoughts on the oil arguement:

why do you think ? daft if you ask me,

AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T ANSWERED.....
]

I've been waiting for that answer too. And, at this point I've even forgotten the question.
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
loria

Post by loria »

science , dear sox... you forgot to answer. and i am waiting since you promised--and somehow forget? or maybe you pull a Palin and simply obfuscate and make a new thread
but if you can truly discount the oil argument with something that is legitimate, then so much the better (but honestly, you can't and either can sj...)

with that i say good night
and good luck.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Don't hold your breath ladies.
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

California Girl wrote:Don't hold your breath ladies.
That's right CG - 'cause soxfan is the devil!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

SJfromNJ wrote:
soxfan22 wrote:
California Girl wrote:Don't hold your breath ladies.
That's right CG - 'cause soxfan is the devil!
Thats odd, Sympathy for the Devil is playng on my computer right now. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHH.
Talk about tin foil hats! Too funny SJ. You won't believe this, but I posted something on my Facebook tonight about Obama, and before it allowed me to post, the box popped up that asked me to type in the two words it is displaying...The second word was "Fuehrer" - no joke...even I couldn't make that up. I had to look twice.
Terry

Post by Terry »

sox
You're not the enemy. You are a voice, like the rest of us.

Were you the happiest in the last 8 years? Was your life better? Was your money working for you? If you have kids, were they learning? Were your taxes lower?

It's your choice. Just vote and no more dialog needs to take place.
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Terry wrote:sox
You're not the enemy. You are a voice, like the rest of us.

Were you the happiest in the last 8 years? Was your life better? Was your money working for you? If you have kids, were they learning? Were your taxes lower?

It's your choice. Just vote and no more dialog needs to take place.
I thought you wanted me to answer those until I read your last sentence.

Anyway, for me the answer is yes to all of the above. Accept that my kids are young - so no school for them yet.

The caveat to that is that I am 31. So, 8 years ago I was making $24,000/year as a college financial aid officer. Now I'm in biotech, doing a bit better for myself. So I am probably not the person to ask, as my career is on it's natural upward curve.

However, our company has had two major layoffs each of the past two summers (50% of our sales force each summer). I am beyond fortunate to have made the cut both times. There were people more talented than I who were not as fortunate.

As for property taxes, ours have gone through the roof over the last two years or so. I live in a pretty industrial town in SE CT on the banks of the Thames River (rhymes with rotten) - it is a democratic town in a democratic state. I'm pretty sure Bush had nothing to do with my property tax increase.
Last edited by soxfan22 on Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »

You won't believe this, but I posted something on my Facebook tonight about Obama, and before it allowed me to post, the box popped up that asked me to type in the two words it is displaying...The second word was "Fuehrer" - no joke...even I couldn't make that up. I had to look twice.

Sounds like a sign indeed. But that's the thing about signs. You can read them any way you like. Maybe the sign is trying to say that pigheadedness is Fuehrer-like?

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Maryanne wrote:You won't believe this, but I posted something on my Facebook tonight about Obama, and before it allowed me to post, the box popped up that asked me to type in the two words it is displaying...The second word was "Fuehrer" - no joke...even I couldn't make that up. I had to look twice.

Sounds like a sign indeed. But that's the thing about signs. You can read them any way you like. Maybe the sign is trying to say that pigheadedness is Fuehrer-like?

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
It is quite possible that you are right. It all depends on your POV, I guess.
Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »

Soxfan, you remind me of one of my brothers-in-law in Ireland.When I first met him, he was adamant about everything he thought he believed in. He had all the "facts" to back himself up. I really couldn't stand him at first, but then, over time, I admired him because he cared about issues, and took the time to back up his beliefs with real research. Over even more time, he became more moderate. He came to realize that the world is not so easily divided into black and white, good and bad. He is my absolute favorite brother-in-law in the world now. I suspect you are a good fifteen years younger than he is, and I know you are making your own way. Good for you for caring about issues, and thinking about them. I've learned it's best to try to see all sides. Because there really ARE a lot of sides. Good luck to you.