Undecided Voters

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

SJ/NJ...If you are going to bust my chops, at least do it well. I couldn't figure out what you were trying to do there.

C.G. has asked us to not muddy this thread. So, if you want to bust my chops some more, PM me...please.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
loria

Post by loria »

what does obama's aunt have to do with any of this?
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Teddy Salad

Post by Teddy Salad »

I might be wrong, but I think the Bush admin. is still in charge of ICE.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

SJfromNJ wrote:CG - More on Obamas illegal aunt living in Boston. Only th e facts.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081101/ap_ ... obama_aunt
SJ, I really hope you posted that for my information and not to stir anything up.

That being said, I am not opposed only to Mexican or Latino illegal immigrants, I am opposed to ALL illegal immigrants. [edit to add: Even Obama's Aunt] My grandfather was an immigrant. He came to this country legally through Ellis Island back in the early 1900's - I think around 1907 or 08.

The Governor of my state, Arnold Schwartzenegger, whom I really really like, came to this country legally.

I have a good friend from South Africa who came to this country about 10 yrs. ago - legally.

All of these people came here in search of a better life and opportunities. They did the paperwork and stood in the lines and I say more power to them! They pay their taxes and are good citizens.

I had an aquaintance who came into this country illegally, from Canada. She had been prosecuted for a felony in Canada and, I believe to this day, cannot come into the USA legally. She got a job at a health club and about a week into it, she said "out", you know, the way Canadians say "ooout", :lol: and she was asked for her green card. Oops! Back to Canada for her!

I am far from perfect, but I do try to follow "the rules" and it pisses me off when other people out there think the rules are for everyone but them! If we weren't paying for all kinds of free services for illegals (from whatever country!) maybe we'd have the money in our coffers to bail out our country or offer free healthcare to the less fortunate masses. (But the bail-out is another subject that I'm not going to go into here.)

Want to know how I really feel??? :roll: :lol:

I don't believe building a wall will work - help, maybe, but not work. Are we going to build a wall between the US and Canada, too? Are we going to put up guard towers and barbed wire and shoot people who cross? I don't think so! At least I certainly hope not! But how about if we go after the people who employ illegal aliens? If there was no work, the problem wouldn't be solved, but it might be helped tremendously. It's my opinion that most of the people who come into this country are looking for a better life and a paying job, and that all exists here. But do it legally!

Oh, and one more thing. I'm sick and tired of having to press 1 for English!

Margo, out! :twisted: grrr!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
California Girl

Yes, it's been extremely obvious to me that neither side in this election has said diddly squat about the illegal immigration issue, and I personally think it's a pretty big deal.
DCphoto

Post by DCphoto »

Hi, I too live in a an area where I saw my hometown taken over by illigals. It is high on my list of things I want changed, I live in Prince William County, we were one of the first in the nation to start checking status of anyone that is arrested or pulled over by the police. It's been about a year and boy can you see a difference it has made here. Less traffic, not a lot of day laborers on the street anymore, crime has dropped. I think it has to start with you city leaders, once that starts I think the gov't will follow the actions of the states. I could be wrong about this, but it is working here.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
California Girl

Law enforcement in California is prohibited from checking immigrant status on anyone they arrest. They can arrest them for robbing a liquor store, but not check to see if they are also breaking the law by being in the country illegally? Huh?

I'm starting to rant. Opinions are fine, but no ranting, and I don't want to be the one who starts it by pushing my own buttons! LOL!

I told you this is a sensitive subject for me!
DCphoto

Post by DCphoto »

I think that is wrong that they can not check status, I think it has made a big impact here when we started. The city of Manassas, will start doing this as well as of Dec. 1. I can't tell you how happy I am about all of this. It does make a difference. I know California depends heavily on illegals for their crops and farms for harvesting. I'm all for a temporary work permits. Lets face it, the "average joe" does not want those jobs. Good luck, I did not want to start anything that would upset you, I just wanted you to know what my county is doing. Obama will make his last campaign stop in my home of Manassas on Monday and I am going as a photographer and a supporter.
jmq

Post by jmq »

California Girl wrote:
I'm starting to rant. Opinions are fine, but no ranting, and I don't want to be the one who starts it by pushing my own buttons! LOL!
Please be careful! Depending on where your buttons are, you can pull a muscle or strain something doing that.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide