Just got back yesterday-

Travel discussion for St. John
mahojim

Just got back yesterday-

Post by mahojim »

Greetings, all!
I'm well aware that lots of you are away from your computers, as you're in the Land Of Make Believe, STJ.
Our trip was the best visit yet, and I'll be sure to post a full TR & pics once I digest being back home, and having The Phillies as World Champions! I wanted to watch the game at Skinny's, but was coaxed into watching it at the villa, on the couch. My sweet Amy, and travelling companions were playing Scrabble on the patio while I watched the last pitch.
Strike Three. World Champs.
Spent the better part of the next 2 hours on the phone with my sister, and paying the roaming charges was worth every minute.
Heck, if I couldn't be at the game with my pop & sister, nor at the Playboy Mansion with Hef, I couldn't ask for a better place to witness history then STJ.
Cried a bunch in my dark&coke(s) , then spent the evening laughing & partying with my best friends.-Magic...This was the first time in 9 (10?) trips that it was somehow easy to come home. I can't wait to enjoy the celebration of our Phils with my family.I just got to watch the replay of the parade on tv; wow.
So now I'm home, and as soon as my love downloads the photos, you'll see them!
Augie-Not sure if you made it to Skinny's for Halloween, I was the "Atomic-Wedgie Man." Lots of fun,dancing,laughter,and rum! Sorry I missed you!
Pia-thanks so much for approaching us on the beach. Very lovely to have met you!
TR soon come-
MJ
loria

Post by loria »

welcome back! how'd your underwater camera work???? can't wait to hear all about it!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Thanks Loria!
The camera was probably the best purchase (aside from the trip itself-)that has been made in the past year!
Pics & TR to come!
Smiles-
Jimmy
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Welcome back Smilin' Jimmy! Can't wait to see your pictures! I certainly do hope you have a picture of Atomic Wedgie Man! This I gotta' see!!
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

California girl-
Oh, you'll see the photos,alright!
Strangely, I got pictures taken with @ 50 different people at Skinny's on Halloween, but didn't make the website photo album. There were maybe three folks that approached me to tell me that my costume was "inappropriate", which I found hard to conceive. It was all in good, clean fun, or so I thought.
I was just trying to get/give a laugh...
Oh well, sorry folks if I offended anyone!
Smiles-
Jimmy
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

Welcome back, Jimmy! I'm happy to hear that you had a wonderful trip. I thought about you when the Phils won and I agree, you couldn't wish for a more beautiful place to witness that finish. Looking forward to your trip report and photos :)
NancyB
Pia

Post by Pia »

Welcome back Wedgie Man :) :) :)

It was fun meeting you and your lovely Amy on Sunday and I hope you had a fabulous rest of your trip and you didn't get toooo burnt :)

I did look for you a few times as I walked my dogs on the Maho loop 2 days but I didn't see you on the beach but it might have been too early for you as I was finished at 10am :)

Pia

ps: If Miss Amy can help with the purchase we talked about on Maho can you pm me please (sounds like a drug deal - but I can assure you it is innocent :) )
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

Welcome back....looking forward to your report/pics!
mcdomzal

Post by mcdomzal »

Welcome back!! Can't wait for that trip report! :lol:
MCDomzal
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Nancy-
I'm just waiting to get a hold of my trusty notebook that I wrote daily /nightly notes in. One of my co-travelers seems to have it. I'm going to bug Amy to try & get the pics into the computer tonight.
We missed the huge Forum get together, but all in all, the trip was delicious as always!
Smiles-
MJ
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Welcome home! I'm looking forward to your report and photos.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Amy

Post by Amy »

Welcome back, Jim--looking forward to your report! I'm also a huge Phillies fan and we went to the parade on Friday. We were lucky and had tickets to get inside the stadium for the festivities, too. Wow, what a blast! Philly was one happy place last week.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Thanks Amy!!!
It was never so easy to return from paradise before! I just finally watched the replay of the parade yesterday-AWESOME!!!
Smiles!
MJ