DELETED

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

did your picture look like that to start with or was is clear? Cali Girl will know how to help you!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I use Photoshop. You lose a lot of details when you shrink a picture down that far, so choose a picture with large areas of color (palm tree w/ocean, for example) rather than faces. Once I have my picture 50x50 I often use the "sharpen" filter to kick it up a little bit.

If you want to upload a bigger avatar, like I did, then you need to make it about 75 x 75 pixels and upload it to wherever you have server space (Kodak Gallery or Picasa for instance). Then link to it on your Profile page where it says: "Link to off-site Avatar: Enter the URL of the location containing the Avatar image you wish to link to."

I hope that helps! 8)

P.S. Mary Beth - we were posting at the same time. You know about avatars! Look how good you always do! :D
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

well you taught me but I can't spit it back to anyone! LOL
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
California Girl

SJfromNJ wrote:I have to work on mine too. 75x75 works?
Only if you upload it the way I said. If you choose: "Upload Avatar from your machine", it can't be any bigger than 50x50. 8)
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
California Girl

Check the file size. It can't be any bigger than 6 KB. I'm betting money that's the problem. When this happens to me, I copy the avatar and paste it into a new image, and then save it again. Usually the new image is a smaller file size.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
sherban

Post by sherban »

WWWT- The new avatar looks cool....success!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
California Girl

WWWT - If you want to send me your turtle picture, I will color correct it for you and send it back to you. :D
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
msgcolleen

Post by msgcolleen »

UGH!
Why am I having so much trouble adding a new avatar photo from Photobucket? I am pasting the IMG code in the box that says Upload Avatar from a URL and it gives me a message that the photo has to be a jpeg, gif or png.

The photo is a jpeg!!! Here is the code:

What am I doing wrong??? :(
I've got 2 tickets to paradise~Pack your bags we'll leave tonight!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]