DELETED

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Terry

Post by Terry »

CA,
I was just thinking about you as my relative called and is breathing in smoke in Dana Point. That fire above you all is apparently a real concern. This is not good. Keep us posted. Our prayers are with you all out there!

We hope the tempuratures go down and the winds definitely go down.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Keep safe out there stuff isn't important leave if you have to went want all you to be here when this is all over. I thought cold and snow were bad this weekend boy was I wrong.
Tom
verjoy

Post by verjoy »

CA and all near fires~

Do you get canyon winds where you are?

We experienced them a few times when we lived in Utah, and they were unbelievably fierce. Fighting a fire in canyon winds must be extremely difficult.

Stay safe-will be thinking of you.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

We're not smelling or seeing any smoke, but people north of us are. If you didn't know what was happening, you'd think it was just another gorgeous 90-degree day with clear blue skies. We don't get much wind where we are. We do get winds occasionally, and we did have some yesterday, but very rarely like the winds that are feeding these fires. We are located in what's called the Capistrano Valley, so we have some natural landscape that sort of sheilds us from getting the winds & smoke.
Kathyzhere

Post by Kathyzhere »

pswlrw wrote:I just found out that my 2 cousins (who have been joined me on my last 2 "No cousins left behind" STJ trips) have lost their home. :cry: Luckily, they got themselves and their dogs out but everything else is gone.

That is so sad Paula. Lucky to be alive though and so happy that the doggies are safe too! My thoughts and prayers are with your cousins and everyone that is affected. The media coverage looks real bad and I hope those darn winds die down real soon.

Take Care CA...

Kathy
Pia

Post by Pia »

Please be safe everyone - we are thinking about you and sending prayers

Pia

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:07 pm.