DELETED

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
DELETED

California Fires

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
loria

Post by loria »

ditto that--caligirl, are you out of harms way?
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

We're about 30 miles south of the fires in Anaheim Hills/Corona. No worries at this time!
loria

Post by loria »

anaheim hills.....hmmmm how close to fullerton or Brea is that? ( i am so ignorant!)
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Terry

Post by Terry »

What a mess. Promo, you okay? Aren't you near that area?

Family just reported several other fires have broken out today due to high winds.

Keep safe people...much too beautiful of a countryside to be in a blaze! :cry:
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

Yep, very close but other than bad air I'm inhaling safe and sound. This one is much worse then the last Sylmar fire of a couple of weeks ago. It's hot out where I am close to 100 and it is windy not helping. Lots of folks out of there homes and there is a trailer park which is for the most part destroyed.

Apparently, they are looking at this 'of suspicious origin'.

Seems like everything happens in the San Fernando Valley.

That other fire is in the Chino Hills, Yorba Linda area if you google.
verjoy

Post by verjoy »

CA~

Happy B'Day! Glad you are not at risk!
pswlrw

Post by pswlrw »

I just found out that my 2 cousins (who have been joined me on my last 2 "No cousins left behind" STJ trips) have lost their home. :cry: Luckily, they got themselves and their dogs out but everything else is gone.
Paula

Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

pswlrw wrote:I just found out that my 2 cousins (who have been joined me on my last 2 "No cousins left behind" STJ trips) have lost their home. :cry: Luckily, they got themselves and their dogs out but everything else is gone.
Paula that is terrible. Please let them know that they are in my thoughts and prayers.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

That is awful, Paula. At least they are safe. These fires are really terrible.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
promoguy

Post by promoguy »

I'm always safe since I only live 'close' to these burn areas. Many folks lost a lot of stuff and their 'lives'. Lives in memories.

http://www.dailynews.com/breakingnews/ci_10988885

This was not your typical 'trailer park' but upscale mobile home park. Gone. Lots of seniors and retired.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hi - I wasn't online yesterday due to my birthday happenings. (Thanks verjoy! :D ) We are still safe here in San Juan Capistrano, but we do live in an area that could really go up in smoke. We have had close fires, but never anything directly threatening to us. There isn't much between our location on the map and the Corona/Yorba Linda area, other than dry grassy hills for miles and miles, so a fire could easily sneak up on us from behind.

We're ok here now. I'm so very sad for all the homes lost in this round of fires! And Paula, my heart goes out to your cousins. Please PM me if there's anything I might be able to do to help them.

I'm also just sick about all of the homes lost in Montecito. Those homes have been there forever and most of them were absolutely gorgeous.

Earthquakes? Californians don't worry about earthquakes... we worry about fires.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED