Christmas on St. John USVI Dec 19th – 28th, 2006

Travel discussion for St. John
Coden

Post by Coden »

SarahD - You're welcome and yes, it is!!

VaGirl - You're welcome to and it was a Long dream come true for me to runaway to the Caribbean for Christmas. And I feel so blessed to have been able to do it.

Jan&Mike - I do love the roosters. One morning, the rooser was late! so I got up anyway, made my coffee and just waited for the rooster. What a schmuck I am!! :D
And yes, I Do love the Kiss of Jumbie coffee, so much so that D is going to have to get a 2nd job to keep me in it. Ha-ha!!

madforstj - Thank you. I'm thinking Mar, Apr or May of 2008 for our next visit. My favorite time to vacation is in Jan or Feb but right now my work calendar is not corresponding with that. Dang them!!!

CaGirl - NPS was from 9:30 until 2:30. Their website said to bring lunches, water, and bugspray. We had at least 30 mins at the Petroglyphs. We then went to the Sugar Mill and then from there we had to walk up a very, very steep hill and then down to a gorgeous beach where the boat was waiting.

Sweet Plantains - they do have other stuff besides curry...I'll try to find their menu for you. I found it somewhere on the internet once before. I'll look after dinner tonight, we have some friends coming over and after they leave I'll check it out and see if I can find it.
Coden
Bob & Anita

Post by Bob & Anita »

Coden, absolutely fantastic report and wonderful to hear that all your planning paid-off so that you and your family had a great time. You now will become one of the forumite that will help answer questions.
Bob & Anita
Pia

Post by Pia »

Hi California Girl

Sweet Plantains has WONDERFUL ribs and pork tenderloin, and their cheese grits (I really don't like grits at all, but LOVE, LOVE theirs) is fabulous and their yuca fries are good as well :D

Have a great time when you go

Pia
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Thanks Pia! That's great news! I was so looking forward to eating there and now I can keep it on the list! Yay!!! :D
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Thanks for the report! I enjoyed it.
It sounds like you had a great time and a wonderful Christmas.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Wow, Coden, I just found your report tonight for some reason. It is awesome! I loved reading about all your meals, both out in town and at the villa, and the terrific times you had at the beaches. Thanks for taking the time to share all the details of your trip--I loved reading your report.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Hi Coden!
We just back from Florida and the first thing I did was check here for your report! I've been thinking about you. It sounds like you had a great time! I loved all your details. It helped me picture everything as you were telling it. I also took a page of notes :) and I am now even more excited for our upcoming trip in May. Thank you and I'm glad you had such a great time!!
Coden

Post by Coden »

You're welcome liamsaunt. We did have such a wonderful, wonderful time and I for one can't wait to get back!!

kygirl - welcome home safely from Fla! Hey, how do you like this warm weather we are having? Pretty wild, isn't it? It is pouring right now over my way. The time is 5:46, which make your time 6:46 What about you all, is it raining?

We did have a great time, and did pretty much everything we wanted to and still did a lot of relaxing and sleeping. After hitting two beaches, almost every day, and snorkeling, I was in bed some nights at 8:30! But a lot of that too was the fact that I had to get up with my buddy. The rooster!! :lol:
Coden
Ron_L

Post by Ron_L »

OK... I'm catching up on some older trip reports to help me through the next two months! :)

Coden! nice report and I'm glad you had a great time. I'm going o be buying snorkeling gear for our gang and I was wondering how the Reef Tourer fins worked out. Did you wear water shoes or boots with them?

Let me know?

Thanks!

...ron
...ron

Time to start working on convincing the wife that we have to go back soon!