bluebeardsbeach club

Travel discussion for St. John
hotrod270

bluebeardsbeach club

Post by hotrod270 »

has anyone stayed at the beach club?what kind of place is it?
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

It is the old 'Limetree Beach Resort' that has been turned into a timeshare resort. They have updated it for the most part. Two story buildings , fairly nice south facing beach, nice pool area, bar,restaurant and tennis courts. Located in Frenchman's Bay just east of the Fr.Reef / Marriot complex [not walking distance] and just west of Bolongo Bay resort[Again - can't walk]. 10 min. to Havensite -15 to town - 20 to red hook
The landscaping and infrastructure seem to be in good shape and there are palm trees and shade available at the beach. The resort are is flat and walkable with good parking.
I have no idea how well it is run but don't hear anything bad about it.
If there are no recent reviews on this site you might want to read them over on 'trip Advisor' I have seen some forum discussions about it on there too.
gelopee

Post by gelopee »

Bluebeard's Beach Club is a relatively small resort with only 74 units in five three-story buildings that all face the Caribbean Sea. There are studios, studio/lofts and one-bedroom units, each with a kitchenette and bath, although the 1-br have an additional bath. There is a restaurant on site. It's a very private, quiet, cozy resort. The beach is one of the least frequented of resort beaches on the island, and it's possible to be the only ones on it, depending on the time of year. It's on a small cove. There's not great snorkeling, but enough to make it interesting along the sides.

I've been going to this resort every year since 1997. I absolutely love it. If you have any specific questions I'd be happy to try to answer them.
melwill530

BB BeachClub

Post by melwill530 »

Not a 5 star hotel but a great little quiet place to hang your hat for a few nights. I don't recommend the restraunt on that is on site but the pool bar is great. There are also grills on site for cooking out. The rooms are nice and all have patios that face the beach. We love it there. There are some no see ums so take the bug spray. :)