"Beer Town" at the Tap Room

Travel discussion for St. John
jofus

"Beer Town" at the Tap Room

Post by jofus »

Hi fellow forumites and STJ lovers,
I recently discovered a band called "Session Americana" that has a song called "Beer Town".

Any beer worshiper will LOVE this song, doubly so if your any sort of seafarer/sailor/pirate. I think the STJ crowd would make an anthem of it.

I really wanted to share it with all of you here but I don't have the technological know-how to post it anywhere.

So I sent a copy of the song to the guys at the Tap Room. They loved it! Tim sent me an e-mail thanking me for sending it to him and saying he thinks it will be a big hit in the bar room.

So if you go to the Tap Room ask them to play it for you.
I also sent a copy to Jeff and Russ the "On St. John"/ Bongo bongo guys, to see if they could put it on their site for all to hear.

If anyone knows of a way for me to post an mpeg4 file, let me know and i'll put it out for ya!

If you do go to the Tap Room and hear the song please let me know what you think. I have to skip my annual trip to STJ this year :( . So I must live vicariously through this board till at least Oct. of 2009.

Thanks
jofus
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

Hi Jofus! I just searched it and found their website. Here is a link to that song on their site. Hopefully this will work. I don't know how to shorten the link.
http://www.sessionamericana.com/index.p ... =beer+town
I feel your pain. I don't know when our next trip will be yet either. October 2009 is when I've been hoping for.
Image[/url]
jofus

Post by jofus »

Hey kygirl!
Yes the link works!!!
I didn't realize they had the song on the website. I heard it live and bought the cd.

Hope you enjoyed the tune.

Thanks!!

jofus
mathayom

Post by mathayom »

I am here at the Tap Room and we just heard the song! Tim actually had it cued up right when we walked in so we didn't have to wait at all - perfect timing!

Kevin loves the part about opposable thumbs but questions whether or not he wants to drink til his liver hurts.

Even the hard core reggae lovers seem to have found a place in their hearts for it.

Thanks for opening our ears and hopefully you'll get a chance to hear my band Shoot for Tuesday in the near future.
Mat the Caterer, Private Chef and Drummer
jofus

Post by jofus »

Hey Mat!
Glad you enjoyed it! I always love to hear new music. Send me a cd or track via e-mail.

BTW someone out there likes to drink till it "hurts their liver" I've seen tee-shirts, even signature lines that say "the liver is evil it must be punished"

jofus
bnniegal

fantastic!

Post by bnniegal »

What a great song. We are headed to STJ next saturday for a week and will have to stop in to hear it on the juke box! :D