Serving frosty beverages on the beach

Travel discussion for St. John
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

You all are too complicated. As I told someone at work last week: 3 ingredients. Ice, rum, glass. Since it's a beach, make the glass a cup or something. Bring a bag of ice...nothing better than bag-ice...a bottle of Cruzan Gold and a plastic cup.

Instant fun.
Last edited by pipanale on Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b-as-u-r

Post by b-as-u-r »

I, for one, applaud Rick and Christine for thinking ahead. I am pleased to know that they will have this perfected. Cheers, Ali~ (member of SOTB II) :wink:
STJ - I "get it"
tjwgrr

Post by tjwgrr »

We always keep our vodka in the freezer at home and in the villa.

Since we're not big sweet or blended drink fans- vodka, fruit juice of some sort, a little sparking water, a wedge of lime, and ice does it for us.....
theshopper3

Post by theshopper3 »

Rick I think we may just have to ambush your little drink cooler in Nov :lol:

The Shopper
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

See you at the beach Rick! :wink:
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

We've used the empty water containers and the OJ container filled with whatever I through together. Usually juice, fruit punch and rum with a couple of limes thrown in. Freeze it overnight and it stayed pretty frozen on the beach until afternoon and we'd sit it out if we wanted it to melt. Take a stack of cups to serve it in!

It'll work and is easy to transport!
MrB

Post by MrB »

hmmmm......brainstorming....

Power inverter, magic bullet, cooler full of ice, mixes and booze, jeep cigg lighter outlet, Francis or maho ..... ..sorted.
RickG

Post by RickG »

MrB wrote:hmmmm......brainstorming....

Power inverter, magic bullet, cooler full of ice, mixes and booze, jeep cigg lighter outlet, Francis or maho ..... ..sorted.
Sorted? Sordid!

See ya on the beach.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
wontongirl

Post by wontongirl »

I was searching for a drink recipe I saw on forum to use at our tailgate.
Noticed the suggestion to bring power inverter and magic bullet to beach.

FYI- magic bullet makes a rechargeable version that is around $60. They sell them at Sams here. We use ours all the time on the boat, tailgate etc. It didn't come with the larger blender container that you can buy, just with mugs and cups I already had the bigger pitcher deal and prefer to use it rather than cups to blend ( hey, it makes more!). It works great and says 50 uses. My battery alway holds up lIf you can't find it let me know.
ClevelandDave

Post by ClevelandDave »

Lulu76 wrote:Someone posted a one-gallon painkiller recipe here somewhere. Hello, I'm making that happen next time!
Lulu - It wasn't me but here ya go

Use plastic gallon water jugs to make them, which works out to about a bottle of rum, a BIG can (46 oz.) of pineapple juice, one small (12 oz.) can of OJ, and 1 large (12 oz.) can of Coco-Lopez. This mixes up just under a gallon. Don't forget the freshly groung nutmeg
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Folks-
Let me start by saying that I've never used one of those "flash- hand -held blenders", but that could be a pretty good option. Batteries? Ice? Always bring a back-up!!!
The notion to blend/freeze before hand is also a smart deal,probably the best. Most will enjoy (my guess-) frozen drinks 'til a little after the sun goes down, then go to beer, or something else.
Remember to bring water!!! It sucks cramping up while snorkeling due to the night before!
I couldn't be more disappointed that I'm leaving on the 1st of November, than I am after reading your new plans about frozen drinks on the beach. No doubt we'll have a delicious week during 10/25-11/01, but now I just wish I could take care of the drink situation on Honeymoon...
Where there's a will (put me in it)- there's a way!
The quantity of people expected will most likely drink beer & rum,or whatever they bring themselves, but if there's a blender whirlin' in the background,
MY guess is , that whoever is working it will be one busy(yet happy) person.
Who's on blender duty?!?
Sorry I'll miss you all,-
Good news is we arrive in 6 days...-
Smiles-
Jimmy
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Also, Rick & MR. & Mrs.B,-
I would over-pour the liquor moreso than juice into your jug/cooler, over ice. Then as you watch the ice melt-while dumping it all in, add more ice to dilute.
Keep adding ice 'til she's full.
Stir
Relax
Enjoy
:wink:
Just an idea-
MJ
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Sorry,guys!
I don't really know who I'm talking to!-haven't had the pleasure to meet ya'll- I'm sure you're well aware of what to do,...-long night at work tonight for me :? ...
Who's cooking?,-or is it just drinks?
Smiles-
MJ
mrsb

Post by mrsb »

I don't know about the rest but our plan is to blend the drinks and take them in the two bubba kegs we sent down. I think they are 128 oz each and that should hold us until at least lunch time. When we went to Vie's we packed the ingredients for drinks in a cooler and mixed on the beach (vodka, rum, juices and ice). We packed some leftovers and snacks too. Mrb and I will be there October 31st so maybe we can meet up for drinks that night before you have to go.
When will I see St John again?
RickG

Post by RickG »

Bubba Kegs? Killa!

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI