I lost my Son

Travel discussion for St. John
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my sister when she was 21. I know the pain you are feeling is unimaginable. Please take care.
LSU Beach Tiger

Deepest sympathy

Post by LSU Beach Tiger »

Deepest sympathy Mary to you & your family at this great time of mourning-you will be in my thoughts & prayers.
patr

Post by patr »

Mary,

Please accept my heartfelt sympathy.

That precious grandchild will be a ray of sunshine during this dark time. When a small child wraps her arms around you in a hug there is tremendous power and strength in that love.

May God bless and comfort you,

Pat
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
Laura T

Post by Laura T »

I know that that there are no words that can ease your sorrow, but I hope knowing that others care will give you strength. God Bless you and your family.
Coden

Post by Coden »

Mary - I am so sorry for your loss and send my deepest sympathy to you. May you and your family soon find Peace in these troubling times. (((HUGS)))
Coden
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

Mary,
Our deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Kellee
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

:cry: I have a 19 year old and I pray form her every day. It's a tough world out there for these kids. My heart goes out to you. WE are all with you in this very sad time.
cat

Post by cat »

My dad has always told us that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. Sometimes it sure seems like he tests us though! You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

Mary L, we're all still here with hugs. Hope you got through that aweful day.
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

Mary,
No one can really imagine what you are going through.
My prayers are with you and I will offer my rosary for the soul of your son. God's ways are mysterious to us and it's only faith that will carry you through this horrendous time.
[/url]
XOXO

So sorry.

Post by XOXO »

I opened this account to tell you that I am so sorry about your son. He looked so beautiful. I wouldn't go back to being a teenager or in my early 20's for anything. It is such a hard time. I am so sorry for your loss.

Gina
Bluwater

No Profound Words

Post by Bluwater »

I am so sorry to read this. My son had a high school friend who killed himself 2 weeks ago, today. He was 20. If you would like to connect with that mother, I can see if she is open to contact - she is still numb - she is a teacher and has a lovely family - so this makes no sense to her. It is all so fresh for you both.

I have no profound words.

I firmly believe they are in a much more peaceful place...and now have all of the answers they were seeking. And, life does NOT end....it only moves to another level. You will see your son again, I'm certain.

Of this one class of my son's HS (class ahead of his), this will be the third graduate to end life (a class of less than 80). These are young adults of depth, achievemnt and consciousness. Sometimes, they are just better than this world. They need to move on...like skipping a grade in school.

You couldn't have done anything differently.

My heart breaks for you. So sorry. He is at peace.....no doubt.
Bluwater
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I can't even imagine your pain. My thoughts are with you and may you find the strength you need. I have learned in the past few months, we are all stronger than we think we are.
Jo Ann - VA

Post by Jo Ann - VA »

I am so very sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you and your family. I have a 20 year old son and can not imagine life without him.
Let the good memories of his life comfort you at this time and allow yourself time to grieve.

You can tell from the response on this forum that people really do care.
Let us know how you are doing.

Bless you and your family.

Jo Ann
Jo Ann
Always planning the next vacation...
Berlingirl

Post by Berlingirl »

I am so very sorry for your terrible loss. I know that words cannot convey the depth of your sorrow for losing your boy. Our best friends lost their only boy this past May...he was 22 and driving too fast at 2 in the morning when he should've been home sleeping. He has planned to go to down the USVI and was in the planning stages when he died. My friends get through each day by getting up and getting through it, it is not easy, it is hell, but there is no other choice. They wonder what they could have done differently, the answer for them and probably you too is NOTHING. Hug your granddaughter tight, it is not easy to cope with your loss, but he left you a gift behind. If you need to talk please email me...Diane
Hoping for a USVI ticker in 2013!