What was your most unusual Christmas Present?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
sea-nile

What was your most unusual Christmas Present?

Post by sea-nile »

I received this Santa as a white elephant gift at work. It is definitely one of the most unique gifts that I have ever received! Everyone thought it was hilarious and perfect for me. :lol:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sea-nile/3145244135/

Did anyone else receive anything weird or unusual?
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

This one's easy. A lava lamp. And it wasn't a gag gift. I am quite puzzled.
Ondine

Post by Ondine »

a chachke (aka: knickknack,dust collector), right after I told everyone that I had sold all posessions to become a gypsy on a yacht...hmmm.
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Fuzzy royal blue leg warmers :?

I have no idea what to do with them. We did put one on the little dog as a sweater, she hated it. I am still trying to fibure out why I was given them.

Oh, I also got 8 pairs of gloves. I know that I had mentioned that I could use a pair of the cheap knit gloves, but 8 pairs? :shock:
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

I'd say but I'm not permitted to say yet. It was certainly a unique gift.
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

I received two pair of identical (and really really ugly) slipper socks. I guess someone thinks I have 4 feet. :roll:
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

My husband gave me a type of alarm and light that is triggered by movements. He thought I needed some soft light in the bathroom if (when) I go up during the night and don't want to turn on the sharp light. So now everytime it's dark and I walk in there this new light is turned on and I am so surpriced every time.

You can also set it as an alarm and have it on a vacation trip, say in a hotel room, and if someone is braking in the alarm goes off.

To me this was just unusual. Don't know how he came up with this idea. It's good, but not really necessary :lol: . I think it was just for fun, and not expensive.
LMG

Post by LMG »

I got a small table lamp and the base is a sail boat, but it's plastic (like for a kid's room). "Because you like boats." Okay, wonderful.
pswlrw

Post by pswlrw »

Ok, I'll confess. I am a 40 something, relatively sane woman who just LOVES the book/movie Twilight. My 18 year old daughter and her friend know how obsessed I am with the movie and with the actor who plays the lead role. Well, everyone had finished opening their presents and my daughter said "Mom, someone is here to see you". I turned around and her friend was pushing a LIFE SIZED cutoff of the actor!! When I tell you that I screamed like a 13 year old girl, I am not exagerrating! It was the funniest thing ever and we all agreed that if my reaction was on America's Funniest Home videos we would have won!
Paula

RickG

Post by RickG »

Sweet Christine gave me the book "Fat: An Appreciation of a Misunderstood Ingredient, With Recipes" by Jennifer Mclagan. I can't decide whether to make the lardo or red-cooked belly fat first.

pswlrw, wanna go for a run around the woods and a quick bite?

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

That Santa is creepy!!

I got a couple of odd things this year. A machine that makes white noise--you can choose from rainforest, ocean, and waterfall, I think. It's not relaxing at all though--every once in a while a bird starts cawing on it.

I also got a pair of strap on adjustable snow cleats. Hmm.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
pjayer

Post by pjayer »

My dear 83 year old mother bought us a light that comes on automatically when the electricity goes off. She was very excited about it and made sure Bill and I opened it together. I got pretty excited too after unwrapping it and reading Hammacher-Schlemmer on the box. Now I know her heart was in the right place because we have occassional power outages, so I did the appropriate amount of gushing once I figured out what it was. The irony is we just installed a whole-house automatic generator that starts up when the power shuts off. :)

Pswlrw, my TAD's BF gave her that cutout.. Every time I walk in her room, it gives me a wee scare. It terrifies the dogs too. LOL
When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else. – Mark Twain
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
kellyanna

Post by kellyanna »

I received a pocket-size digital frame (to take with me places). Usually use my cell phone for that kind of thing. I sound ungrateful.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

I got a pair of reading glasses. Mind you, this is my first pair of reading glasses. They are nice reading glasses. But, they are reading glasses.

I guess I am officially old.

Before you start feeling badly for me...don't...I also got socks.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air