Your opinion please

Travel discussion for St. John
crasherino

Post by crasherino »

We leave on the 21st...we're taking newbies with us and they can't seem to understand why i keep emailing them with updates, packing tips, itineraries, etc.

Well, one of them does....I gave my buddy my copy of singer's book and he was psyched. His girlfriend didn't really understand why you needed a beach guide.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

cptnkirk wrote:Nope your not crazy just really really looking forward to your trip. To me thats half the fun of vacations the anticipation of the trip. We find every 6 months keeps the juices flowin all the time and this board sure helps too. To be honest we don't pack anymore till the day before, but if ya seen how little cloths we bring down you would laugh. Have a great time :D
I'm with you, Capt.!!!
We pack super light.
Heck, I'm going to be nude or in my trunks most of the time anyway! :wink:
I'm so happy for you "short timers", as far as the upcoming trips are concerned!
As another poster mentioned; we're enablers, and love to live vicariously through oneanother as we dream about our home away from home...
That was a great point about the hot blast you get when you arrive on the tarmac at the airport. Followed shortly thereafter by the warm shots of Cruzan Rum drinks from the greeters...It's heaven, to me , and it slaps you right into 'island time'.
I have to wait to see Kenny Chesney until June, and then return to STJ in Oct/Nov , so it's "baby steps" for me!
Have fun!
Smiles-
MJ
Laura T

Post by Laura T »

Normal behavior. No question.

Of course, this is coming from me (and othes) who read this forum frequently, even when we have no trips planned.
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

I'm glad I found this forum. I was starting to think I was crazy. Now atleast I know there are a few other people crazy like myself. Leaving in 7 weeks!
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

You know how the saying goes: "Were all here cause we're not all there."

You're in good company!!
*Another fine scatterbrained production
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

It sure is funny how pure love for a special place makes us all do things that might look obsessive in others eyes.

I have only been to STJ once for a 10 day stay 2 years ago. I was on this forum almost every day for SEVERAL YEARS before my first trip, I felt like a veteren by the time I finally got there. Since then, I still visit the forum quite a bit just to "drift away". Since I'm fianlly going back for my 2nd trip in June, I'm here everyday....loving this island with the rest of you. This site helps me stay sane.

If that's crazy or obsessive....tough crap!! :lol: :lol:
emptynester

Not Crazy

Post by emptynester »

Three weeks out and trying on bathing suits this morning before work while it was 10 degrees outside
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

crasherino wrote:We leave on the 21st...we're taking newbies with us and they can't seem to understand why i keep emailing them with updates, packing tips, itineraries, etc.
Funny! I was the same way before our trip. Only thing was, I was a newbie too! (But thanks to this forum I felt like I knew stuff.) They all said "Will you just plan it please? We'll be happy doing whatever you want." Cool! I love getting my way. And we all had fun.

Enjoy!
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Ya know I was wondering if there are any other boards out there that have such a passion for an Island or is this just a St John thing. I always have researched islands by reading boards before we go but never have come across such an friendly bunch of people on a board and we all seem so utterly addicted.
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Cptkirk-- I truly think this is a unique environment with an amazing group of people on the forum.

I think though that STJ itself has a certain "je ne sais quoi" that attracts a certain kind of person regardless of race, gender or socio-economic status.

In a sense it is a celebration of who we are at our core: people who love beauty, peace, fun and comeraderie.

The cheap rum doesn't hurt either!!

(((((Group HUG)))))
*Another fine scatterbrained production
Jumbiegirl

Post by Jumbiegirl »

Gosh. We should have a West Michigan forum get together some time. :D
Boston Mike

Addiction

Post by Boston Mike »

I agree with the Capt on this one. Great bunch of people on this forum.

Do notice the mad addiction that everyone has for St. John. I know mine is really bad. I mean really bad.

OH MY GOD! I just figured it out. We're going to be the 6th season of LOST! :shock:
Life begins where the land ends!
tjwgrr

Post by tjwgrr »

Jumbiegirl wrote:Gosh. We should have a West Michigan forum get together some time. :D
Alto / Caledonia area here..... countin' da daze.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Count me in as obsessed! I spent my "shopping time" in Puerto Vallarta last week buying swimsuit coverups for our trip to the islands in April! I compared everything in PV to STJ, and PV LOST!! :lol:
cariblvr

Post by cariblvr »

tjwgrr wrote:
Jumbiegirl wrote:Gosh. We should have a West Michigan forum get together some time. :D
Alto / Caledonia area here..... countin' da daze.
Hi there,

We are from the Lowell area and leave in 23 days. We ought to have a Michigan get together. That would be awesome. You just have to love this forum and it's members. What a class group they are!