If You Could.........

Travel discussion for St. John
aroobagirl

Post by aroobagirl »

I was thinking of a wedding chapel somewhat like the one in Mama Mia, just run destination weddings.
mcpenguin5

Post by mcpenguin5 »

greyhoundmom wrote:Loria, I'm thinking wrangle up all those chickens and adopt them out to the kids on the beach for a day. For a small price, of course! Think their parents would indulge this small entreprenurship??? :)
Okay, how about wrangling up all those chickens, but instead of playing with them or eating them (I am certain they are too tough to be good eating!)keeping them in a coop to get the eggs to sell. I am sure they leave eggs all over the place, and fresh eggs would be a good product! and of course, the eggs that yu don't harvest, you could grow some really edible chickens. A business with hardly any start-up costs.
overman

Post by overman »

i think someone should resurrect that little beer stand right as you got off the ferry dock...it used to be a welcome sight after a long travel day...now there's just a sign threatening you not to sit on the stairs.
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Agent99 wrote:I always thought that someone could make a fortune opening a recycling center. It still confounds me that a place like STJ doesn't recycle. I did hear that some recycling bins have been place around the island recently.
This is exactly my thought. Not just the typical paper/plastic/cans recycling. I'd like to open a solar-powered plant that crushes and converts empty Cruzan bottles into high end counters for fancy villas.
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

If I could do anything, and I had to do it on St. John, I guess I would finally take my laptop (I know.) and sit down on a deck overlooking the sea and start writing. Only I would write fantastic books that people would want to read, and they would pay my bills.

But for some reason I don't see it happening.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

stjdeb wrote:
bevm wrote:A tiki hut/cocktail bar on Maho.
Could I just work for Bev?
Me too, me too!!!
Smiles-
MJ
Jo Ann - VA

Post by Jo Ann - VA »

Lulu - That sounds fantastic. I too would like to write books. You could have some tunes going, a pitcher of painkillers on the table, the beautiful view in front of you while writing books that sell like hot cakes. What a dream!
Jo Ann
Always planning the next vacation...
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

That would be a dream, because I am not Hemingway when I write tanked. My drunken writing is earthy and more honest than my sober writing, but I often make up words (and not in a good, ee-cummings-like way) and can't spell to save my life.

But I don't need to be Hemingway. I'd just like to sell enough of my writing that I wouldn't have to worry about my bills.
captainjay

Post by captainjay »

Joshie wrote:
greyhoundmom wrote:Loria, I'm thinking wrangle up all those chickens and adopt them out to the kids on the beach for a day.
This could mesh perfectly with what I had in mind.

I was thinking of opening the St. John KFC.

The whole neighborhood would thank me.

There's a very loud rooster out back that's living on borrowed time.

-j
Forget adoption and we don't need the franchise for KFC.

Picture this Virgin Island Free Range all Organic Chicken. Kill em, freeze em and ship em to Californication land. With words likeorganic and free range, maybe even caribbean in the title they will sell like hotcakes and Ruth will be able to sleep.
Jay
donkey-boy

Re: If You Could.........

Post by donkey-boy »

greyhoundmom wrote:If You Could...... Have a business on STJ what would it be?
i would make all the people leave coral bay and turn it into a donkey preserve# ~db~