We are booked!!!

Travel discussion for St. John
lavender

We are booked!!!

Post by lavender »

YAYYYY!!! We decided a week or so ago to change our plans for the first week of May from a trip to Fla to a trip to St John!!!!!!!! Since then we have been looking at every rental website under the sun. Ironically we got down to 6 villas - all lacking at least one of our "must haves". We couldn't really decide on any of them because none of them were what we really wanted. Due to the fact that we were booking late we thought we were going to have to give up something we wanted in order to just have a reservation at a reasonable price. Today the stars must have aligned properly because the right villa at the right price with absolutely everything we wanted (and then some!!) became available to us. I booked instantly and I can now breathe a sigh of relief as our plans our set. I am a tax accountant so to say that I have NO TIME to spend on this project right now is an understatement. I have been so distracted by villas, jeep rentals, flight arrangements it has been crazy. But today we are all firmly set - villa booked. Jeep rented. Flights all in place. YAYAYYYYYYYYYY - St John here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!! 32 days!!!!!!!!!
Kathyzhere

Post by Kathyzhere »

WooWhooo!! Much better choice from Florida to STJ!!

Oh I know the pain of villa choice :?

Have a GREAT trip :)
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Last minute trips are the best.

Maybe we'll see you at the Beach Bar on May 2nd.
janet
Larry

Post by Larry »

I'm going to Key West in May... you have me tempted to change mine too :) I love going to St John in May w/ my friends but we all decided to try Key West this year... I'm not sure why (though we are all going to St John in December too).
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

:D
Hubby and me... his sister and her hub
are headed over on May 1st. !! Hope you
have a great time like we are going too!

Sherry in SC
" I believe there's Magic here...."
samoka

Post by samoka »

Larry - You will like Key West - it was our favorite place to go for years - until I "discovered" STJ - I have finally convinced my husband there is another vacation place as wonderful as the keys - while different from STJ the keys are ag reat p[lace to vacation - enjoy!
lavender

Post by lavender »

Larry - funny - that is where we were going before we changed our plans. We LOVE Key West and wouldn't mind living there either. It is a wonderful, laid back place to hang out. The beaches are not St John quality (where are they?) but there are some decent ones and the whole laid back feeling there is wonderful! You will love it!
Larry

Post by Larry »

I appreciate the positive words about Key West. I suppose I could give it a try still. :o
toni

Post by toni »

Congrats to you! If you don't mind my asking, are you flying out of Syracuse? Just wondering how the prices were-we do buffalo and I keep checking for July when we're going, but they seem crazy high-often showing 600-700.

Canandaigua's such a pretty area :)
lavender

Post by lavender »

We are flying from Rochester to San Juan via Atlanta. The way it worked out we had flights into Florida that we changed to San Juan and we had credit on Cape Air we had to use by May 31st. We were originally going to use that to fly into Key West but changed that to fly from San Juan to STT. We have never flown into San Juan before but it is way cheaper than flying into STT and b/c we already had credit to use on Cape Air it wasn't costing us anything extra to get to STT. The nice thing about our Cape Air credit is there is no change fee. Of course our regular flights had a change fee of 75 each. I think our total airfare was 300pp to get to San Juan. The exciting part is that we are flying to San Juan Friday - arrive at 2PM - have a free night from hotel points there - then fly to STT Sat morning. We arrive at the airport at 9:38AM - we should be in St John before lunchtime!!!!!!!! That will be a nice start to our week!
toni

Post by toni »

Thanks for the info-sounds like you had good San Juan prices-that can be a stiff ticket also. We just got back from San Juan/cruise. We enjoy old San Juan very much -if you have a chance to wander around there, you might want to check it out. Have a wonderful trip :)
Connie

Post by Connie »

Congratulations!!! I'm glad everything worked out for you.

We too love the Keys and Key West. Everyone should see them at least once.

Driving down is the best. Checking out Islamorada or Marathon and then flying out of Key West.

It's a fun, crazy town.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"