Tree Frog Cotttage in Coral Bay

Travel discussion for St. John
Gromit

Tree Frog Cotttage in Coral Bay

Post by Gromit »

Anyone stayed here and/or have any input?

I am considering using VRBO for the first time ever.

Any thoughts folks have on going with VRBO vs. using on of the villa co's would be welcome!
*Another fine scatterbrained production
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

we inquired about Tree Frog Cottage a few years back and the owner was very responsive and nice.

the cottage looks really fun and funky but it would've been too chilly up there for January!
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

I'm using VRBO for the end of this upcoming trip.

The owner was very responsive and easy to work with and has an on-island contact/manager.
janet
loria

Post by loria »

Gromit,
I haven't stayed in this particular place, but i have rented thru VRBO several times on STJ and elsewhere--i have never had a bad experience--you can pretty much tell when somone is on the up and up and VRBO is pretty good at selfpolicing -- you might want to try looking on Tripadvisor to see if anyone has naything to say over there...
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
2beachbums

Post by 2beachbums »

Check to see if the villa is for rent on vrbo's sister company homeaway.com. They offer a guarantee on their bookings if you submit your rental to them. I have used them before with good luck.
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

Hi Gromit,

I met a guy at Miss Vie's last May who was renting Tree Frog Cottage at the time, and he said the following in a trip report on another forum:
We stayed in Coral Bay in a new place, Tree Frog Cottage, and were very satisfied considering the low rental fee. The cottage did not have a pool or hot tub, but was very well equipped and comfortable. Both the upstairs living room/kitchen and downstairs bedroom had AC. The owner is very considerate about having anything you would need in the house, including coolers, nice beach chairs, umbrella, complete kitchen supplies. The cottage has wireless internet, satellite TV, stereo, washer/drier, and everything was in great shape.
Hope that helps!

Lovermont
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Thanks Lovermont! You are the BEST!! You guys gonna be down again in December? I think a get together is a MUST!
*Another fine scatterbrained production
ToonMann

Post by ToonMann »

We've recently made arrangements through VRBO for our place in the sun on STJ for next January.

Although we're several months away from knowing how it all works out, initial contact with the owner's are positive.

We were able to get a much better deal by contacting the owner directly than by going through the rental company.

TM
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

Gromit wrote:You guys gonna be down again in December? I think a get together is a MUST!
A must, indeed! What with your b-day on the 13th & Mr. Lovermont's on the 15th.
Soon come...

Lovermont