VERY excited about new iPhone 4

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Gromit

VERY excited about new iPhone 4

Post by Gromit »

Fortunately I waited and didn't upgrade to the 3Gs.

All of the new features look promising but I will likely wait a few weeks after they officially go on sale to see what the reviews are before committing.

Any other iPhonephiles excited about the newest incarnation?
*Another fine scatterbrained production
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

I'm only a year into my 3G contract. I couldn't tell whether the pricing that was published is what I'd have to pay, or whether it's for new contracts only.

The coolest part of the iPhone 4 is FaceTime, which will require the other folks to have the iPhone 4 too. Not a problem in our family, where there's a plethora of geeks.

If I can get in for $199 I'll be tempted. But if I can't, I'll hold out until next April when I'm up for renewal. That will give Apple time to work out any issues.

Of course I said the same thing about my iPad, and had one three weeks after it was released.

Did you see this? http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_gadg/2010 ... adg_tc2445 :lol:

Lovermont
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

that's hilarious!
alw1977

Post by alw1977 »

Count me as one of the excited masses. I have a Blackberry Curve from 2008, and I have contempt in my heart for that device. Slow, bad service via T-Mobile and a propensity for breaking.

I have been holding out for the new iPhone and will probably get a new number and pay for double service since my contract isn't up until the end of 2010. Yeah for multi-tasking, a camera with a flash and more!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Someone has a birthday in July. I am just sayin'!!!
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Unfortunately, I had to prematurely purchase the iPhone 3GS last December when my precious iPhone became beach debris somewhere between Mic's Soggy Man....a shoeless walk over the rocks to Ivan's....and drinking Gromit's jug-o-rum punch while sitting in the water at White Bay. I blame them all. I was totally innocent. :roll:

Matt, however, will be getting the new phone whether he wants it or not as his phone is dying a very rapid death. For whatever reason, it has ungodly static no matter who calls him. I can't stand talking to him on the phone anymore. I thought about asking him to move out, but decided it would be easier to just get him a new phone.
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Yet again, it looks like it's a "Better to be Matt" day!! :D

I accept no responsibility for anything that happens on Jost. 8)

Ever. 8)

E-V-E-R. :lol:

8)
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Not that I speak from experience, but you can TRANSFER your phone to your husband and thus get the newest wizbangy fun one for yourself. If your hubs is nice like mine.

As long as both are on the same account, ATT doesn't care. I, too, skipped the 3GS. 4 is looking good but I am patient. I may make it all the way to July!
;)
Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »

I bought the regular iPhone in August of 08, and then was able to buy the 3Gs in August of 09 for the 199, then sold the old one on eBay for 250....

hoping that sort of thing might happen again, though the upgrade I'm really waiting for is some better way to type text!
loria

Post by loria »

Gord lost his 3G (left it in the bathroom and someone picked it up) about 2 mos ago--bought a new one....so i guess i am getting the hand me down 3g (i have a regular old stupid phone--it makes phone calls, hence it is a phone) because he has been talking about this damn 4g phone since Apple thought about it.......
now i have to figure out how to work this thing!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

Oh, I so want one - any of them, in fact. I currently have a incredibly cheap pay as you go phone and my hubby just got an Iphone. So, therefore, I really think I am deserving.

Just would rather spend my vacation money on St. John than on a phone. I am trying to decide if I really need one or not. :wink:
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

The thing I adore about the iphone, no matter which generation, is that it replaced 3-4 devices with 1. I am a music junkie, I am also a work email junkie, I am also incapable of remembering anything that isn't in my outlook calendar, add a phone to that and I am sold.

I think you are worth it Tracy!
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

flip-flop wrote:The thing I adore about the iphone, no matter which generation, is that it replaced 3-4 devices with 1. I am a music junkie, I am also a work email junkie, I am also incapable of remembering anything that isn't in my outlook calendar, add a phone to that and I am sold.

I love you Flip-Flop.
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Tracy in WI wrote:
flip-flop wrote:The thing I adore about the iphone, no matter which generation, is that it replaced 3-4 devices with 1. I am a music junkie, I am also a work email junkie, I am also incapable of remembering anything that isn't in my outlook calendar, add a phone to that and I am sold.

I love you Flip-Flop.
;-) I love you too girl! Wait, does that ticker say 11 days......good feelings gone!
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

Color me blue on this subject. I was hoping that they were going to announce that Verizon was going to get the iPhone. It is tempting to switch to AT&T just for the iPhone! Which is logistically and financially irresponsible.

Gina