Sunset Serenade Villa

Travel discussion for St. John
mahojim

Sunset Serenade Villa

Post by mahojim »

Anyone with "need to know" input about this villa?
Still poking around with next years trip/plans...
I want a new ticker, dammit!
Thanks, and always
Smiles-
MJ
KPlumm

Post by KPlumm »

MJ, we stayed there back in 2005 when it was called Paloma Blanca. My memory is fading, but as I recall we really enjoyed our stay there.

The view is breathtaking! You reach the villa via a flat but bumpy dirt road off of Gifft Hill road, by the dumpsters near Coconuts villa. We didn't see any neighbours, but I see that there is now a caretaker staying in the bottom level bedroom. It has a separate access door, so it should be private enough. As I remember the house was comfortable and there weren't any issues. Nice pool and hot tub.
Gigi

Post by Gigi »

MJ,
I thought you were going to cheat next year and go to Virgin Gorda?
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

I was just thinking about it... :roll:
Smiles-
MJ
eramp76

Post by eramp76 »

We stayed there several years ago. We were awakened at 2 am by a guy going through our stuff. He was in the bedroom. He had defeated the locks on the sliding doors. He ran out when I yelled at him. We called the police, they came out but found nothing. They told us that breakins in this area happened a lot. The villa is in an area that is kind of run down and has some low income apartments nearby. Our villa reps(Destination St. John) put us in a very nice villa in Virgin Grande the next day.

If there is a caretaker on site, then maybe it would be safer now. If it were me, I would look elsewhere. Just sayin.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

:shock:
I heard about break-ins but wasn't sure of the area. Where exactly is it located? It's not mentioned on their website.
Thanks! Gonna' scratch THAT one off the list!
Smiles-
MJ