edsfam-Villa Jumbie has changed their policy

Travel discussion for St. John
mahojim

edsfam-Villa Jumbie has changed their policy

Post by mahojim »

Edsfam & anyone else interested,-
Amy & I have booked a 10 day stay at Villa Jumbie next year. I contacted the villa manager and asked her about the laundry situation, and was told that they have changed their policy and the facilities will be available for weekly rentals as well.
Just thought I'd let you know.
www.vrbo.com/304755
Looks like a steal for the price, and as we all know, the price will only go up!
Smiles-
MJ
tipsy

Re: edsfam-Villa Jumbie has changed their policy

Post by tipsy »

mahojim wrote:Edsfam & anyone else interested,-
Amy & I have booked a 10 day stay at Villa Jumbie next year. I contacted the villa manager and asked her about the laundry situation, and was told that they have changed their policy and the facilities will be available for weekly rentals as well.
Just thought I'd let you know.
www.vrbo.com/304755
Looks like a steal for the price, and as we all know, the price will only go up!
Smiles-
MJ
Hi Jim & Amy- looks really great and what views.. the open floor plan and the pool are real nice touches. the price is very very nice. You going in May again or earlier?

We're going to Fl Keys next year, booked a condo right on the ocean.
Am keeping an eye on the hurricane and praying that STJ & all the people come out of it safely.
No ticker anymore. Next vac will prob. be the Fl Keys.
tipsy

Post by tipsy »

forgot, see the owners are NYers, and org. came from the south shore of LI, where we are. As we both know, city firefighters & Emts have a very hard job and are to be admired.
No ticker anymore. Next vac will prob. be the Fl Keys.
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

When are you going and where's the ticker?..LOL

Place looks cool!

Dave
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

tipsy wrote:forgot, see the owners are NYers, and org. came from the south shore of LI, where we are. As we both know, city firefighters & Emts have a very hard job and are to be admired.
Couldn't agree with you more.
We're booking for next year-May 5th-14th, and are very excited. Our first 10 day vacation! The place looks deelish.
Have fun in The Keys!
Big Cheeze-
I have to wait for My Sweet Amy to adjust the ticker, I'm no good at this computer mumbo-jumbo! 'Til then, I don't mind my ticker just the way it looks; limin' on Maho. That's where my heart & dreams land regardless of any/all upcoming trips!
Are you thinking about a trip next May? Would love to meet you there!
Smiles-
MJ
bnsilly

Post by bnsilly »

Hey Jim..
Do you know the size of the pool? Hard to tell from the pics if it is fair sized or small~
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

bnsilly-
Yes, the pool looks a bit small, but that's good enough for me! I'm waiting for a response from the villa mgmnt about that & a few other things, so I'll let you know.
Hope everyone is safe on STJ after Earl.
Smiles-
MJ
designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

mahojim wrote:
tipsy wrote:forgot, see the owners are NYers, and org. came from the south shore of LI, where we are. As we both know, city firefighters & Emts have a very hard job and are to be admired.
Couldn't agree with you more.
We're booking for next year-May 5th-14th, and are very excited. Our first 10 day vacation! The place looks deelish.
Have fun in The Keys!
Big Cheeze-
I have to wait for My Sweet Amy to adjust the ticker, I'm no good at this computer mumbo-jumbo! 'Til then, I don't mind my ticker just the way it looks; limin' on Maho. That's where my heart & dreams land regardless of any/all upcoming trips!
Are you thinking about a trip next May? Would love to meet you there!
Smiles-
MJ
I thought you were going to be on island for carnival? I think Bev and Boston Mike are on island in May when you are there.....

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Rosi-
Well we decided that we couldn't wait that long... :roll:
bnsilly-
The pool is 10x20 ft. Bigger than I hoped for. Also, after reviewing their website address again, I was wrong, sorry! The w/d are available for visits of 7 days or more...
Smiles-
MJ
spindrift

Post by spindrift »

I am considering a stay at Villa Jumbie also.

mahojim wrote:

I contacted the villa manager and asked her about the laundry situation, and was told that they have changed their policy and the facilities will be available for weekly rentals as well.

Jim, if you spoke to the manager and she confirmed you can use the washer/dryer, maybe the owners just haven't updated their site on VRBO...maybe? It would be nice to be able to use their w/d.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

spindrift-
I can't really comment about that, maybe...?
W/D are always helpful, even though we tend to only really use them for a quick load at the end of our trip. We do pack lightly, but prefer to bring clean clothes home.
As we're all aware,it's an island and water is precious to them!
Smiles-
MJ
spindrift

Post by spindrift »

Oh yes, I forgot how considerate you are…like how your traveling companions smoke inside the “no smoking” villas. :roll:
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

spindrift wrote:Oh yes, I forgot how considerate you are…like how your traveling companions smoke inside the “no smoking” villas. :roll:
I'm not sure where that comment is coming from. I was more than angry with my past "traveling companions" inappropriate behavior. What the hell does that have to do with anything, anyway?
How am I supposed to know what the villa mgmnt is going to do? We plan on staying for 10 days, and the website says the facilities are available for 7 days or more.
I'm just trying to be helpful.
Any more questions, get the info yourself. If you have an issue with me, then that's your problem.
Have a day.
bnsilly

Post by bnsilly »

Am I missing something? Most people rent for a week at a time..so the W/D should be available to most renters, including Mahojim..so it's all good. (7 days or more, right?) :?:
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

bnsilly-
That's all I know, I guess.
Maybe I'm the one missing something...
Smiles-
MJ