Xmas gifts from My Sweetie, what did you get?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
mahojim

Xmas gifts from My Sweetie, what did you get?

Post by mahojim »

So? What did y'all get?
My Sweet Amy got me a few sauces from STJ., (and an awesome starfish tree ornament)"Valley Doll Hot Sauce", and "Another Bloody Day In Paradise" Three Pepper Lemon Hot Sauce,(obviously for Bloody Mary's...).
Not sure where she got 'em from, guessing from Ruth's potpourri...
Anyone ever try these? What did you get ( aside from ornaments) "island-wise"...?
Hoping the New Year brings the forum family Peace, kindness, patience, rewards, and always
Smiles-
MJ
Connie

Post by Connie »

Hey Jim!

I got an authentic Eagles Jersey, girls style of course from Glenn. Number 2, David Akers :o)
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

I think Valley Doll is the hotsauce they have on tables at Shipwreck in Coral Bay. I know it's good but I can't recall the details. Is it curry-ish? Not sure.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

LysaC wrote:I think Valley Doll is the hotsauce they have on tables at Shipwreck in Coral Bay. I know it's good but I can't recall the details. Is it curry-ish? Not sure.
That is what I remember. I liked it.

One of the things I got was labeled "a box of sunshine" and it contained an assortment of Caneel toiletries, soaps and such, the large size, and a bottle of Bobbi Brown Beach perfume.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Valley Doll is curry based and delicious! I love it on eggs! There is also a 151 which is pretty hot. It is only recent that you could get these other than at Shipwreck. I think Ruth is carrying them now and you can also order on line.
Greenskeeper

Post by Greenskeeper »

This is one of my FAVORITE gifts:

http://www.capecodglass.net/seabubble/p ... balls.html

Also got a handblown glass starfish and mermaid that I will display throughout the year.
vi lover

Post by vi lover »

Whle it was not "island themed", my most precious gift came from my father. Dad has been an artist and sculptor. He stopped his art and sculpting around 25 years ago. I've been bugging him for a decade to make me something. He did. And it made me cry!

I am the first family member to graduate from College. Not just in my family, but in my entire direct family tree including Aunts/Uncles and first-cousins. I have 4 children and have already had my oldest 2 graduate from college as well. So - my father showed his pride in me by creating a wooden, hand sculpted statuette called "Mortarboard". It is a woman (I'm a man, but women are so much more fun to carve....) standing on a pedastal (that is acutally carved as a book) holding a book high above her head with her head back and her graduation morarboard and tassel affixed and proudly displayed. It is quite simply fantastic.

More importantly - it was from my Dad's heart and through his artist's hands. Dad is 75 now.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

vi lover wrote:Whle it was not "island themed", my most precious gift came from my father. Dad has been an artist and sculptor. He stopped his art and sculpting around 25 years ago. I've been bugging him for a decade to make me something. He did. And it made me cry!

I am the first family member to graduate from College. Not just in my family, but in my entire direct family tree including Aunts/Uncles and first-cousins. I have 4 children and have already had my oldest 2 graduate from college as well. So - my father showed his pride in me by creating a wooden, hand sculpted statuette called "Mortarboard". It is a woman (I'm a man, but women are so much more fun to carve....) standing on a pedastal (that is acutally carved as a book) holding a book high above her head with her head back and her graduation morarboard and tassel affixed and proudly displayed. It is quite simply fantastic.

More importantly - it was from my Dad's heart and through his artist's hands. Dad is 75 now.
that is really lovely! can we see a picture?
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Vilover- that sounds like an amazing gift! I would love to see a picture if you are willing to share.
Tracy in WI

Post by Tracy in WI »

What an awesome present from your Dad, VI Lover - if you would like, I would love to see a picture too.

While in St. John in October, I kept hearing all these guys singing at local bars and playing their guitars barefoot. So, I asked my Hubby for a guitar and got one. Now I need to learn to play it! So far, it is NOT musical at all!
Tracy, Seaside Properties at Grande Bay
vi lover

Post by vi lover »

I will try to get one uploaded. Thanks for the comments.
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

S/O gave me something I had been admiring at Free Bird back in June. Awesome sterling octopus slide. He hung it on the tree 2 days before christmas and I never saw it!
loria

Post by loria »

my 82 yo dad brought me two jars of teddy super crunchy peanut butter (this brand is no longer carried by our grocery stores in NY) -- i LOVE this peanut butter and it was really thoughtful that he remembered that i cannot get it here.
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
bubblybrenda

Post by bubblybrenda »

Greenskeeper wrote:This is one of my FAVORITE gifts:

http://www.capecodglass.net/seabubble/p ... balls.html

Also got a handblown glass starfish and mermaid that I will display throughout the year.
Those are gorgeous! I looked at the website. His stuff is totally up my alley. A question about those glass balls. When you tilt them, does the sand move or is everything stuck in place on the inside? I would think, if it's not stuck in place, that over time, the seashells and whatnot would get buried.
~Brenda~
bubblybrenda

Post by bubblybrenda »

VI Lover ~ I too would love to see a photo of your dad's artistry. I can imagine how emotional it was for you to receive such a beautiful gift from your Dad's heart and hands. That is a gift that will be passed down in your family over the decades with a story attached to it.
~Brenda~