Maximum age car rental?

Travel discussion for St. John
PatrickMcc

Maximum age car rental?

Post by PatrickMcc »

:?: I have been told that you cannot rent a car on St John if you are over 65. Is this true?
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

Found this on Courtesy's web site:

The renter of the vehicle must be 25 years of age. Anyone under the age of 25 or over 65 permitted to drive the vehicle is not covered by the insurance.

checked a few other sites and no mention of maximum age!! Wow, never thought about a maximum age...only 6 years to go and I may not be able to rent a car!!!!! I'm not old!!!! :shock:
PatrickMcc

Post by PatrickMcc »

lazylane wrote:Found this on Courtesy's web site:

The renter of the vehicle must be 25 years of age. Anyone under the age of 25 or over 65 permitted to drive the vehicle is not covered by the insurance.

checked a few other sites and no mention of maximum age!! Wow, never thought about a maximum age...only 6 years to go and I may not be able to rent a car!!!!! I'm not old!!!! :shock:
PatrickMcc

Thanks

Post by PatrickMcc »

PatrickMcc wrote:

:?:

Thanks- I wonder if your own insurance, credit card insurance or Trip Insurance would cover you then. If sounded like you could rent from them without the insurance. I will have to check this out more.
crasherino

Re: Thanks

Post by crasherino »

PatrickMcc wrote:
PatrickMcc wrote:

:?:

Thanks- I wonder if your own insurance, credit card insurance or Trip Insurance would cover you then. If sounded like you could rent from them without the insurance. I will have to check this out more.
If its just the insurance, that's not really a problem. Who wants the car rental insurance anyway?

Unless, like in Seinfeld, you really plan to bang it up. :lol:
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

my mom was 66 and rented from st john car rental with no issues. we use amex and don't get extra insurance.

she is now 67 and rents cars all the time with no issues.

now i'm sure if you come in with a walker and can't see or hear well you may have issues. :lol:
*Another fine scatterbrained production
ironman417

Post by ironman417 »

I'm 66 and I'm renting from St. John Car Rental.
They have no problem with age 65. If you are 75 then you have to bring a written letter from a doctor stating that you are healthy enough to drive.I beleive that Cool Breeze and Courtesy Car Rental won't rent to you if you're over 65....Al