Where should I ask Capt. John to take us?

Travel discussion for St. John
Need2GetAway

Where should I ask Capt. John to take us?

Post by Need2GetAway »

Poor Capt. John, he's going to be on a "blind date" (his term) with us unless I can come up with a little itinerary. There is just my husband and me and it's our first trip.

Anybody have suggestions? Here's a few factors to consider:

Potentially seasick spouse, so no place really far or really rough

We want to eat lunch and drink, you know, a bit lol

Limited snorkeling (we need instructions)

I'm into birding

Beach time or hammock time would be nice

Scenery

Maybe visit some other island (like what?)

??????

THANK YOU!
bevm

Post by bevm »

By all means, email or call him. He's the expert and will suggest the intinerary...He wants you to be happy so put yourselves in his very capable hands..
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Have him take you to Jost Van Dyke! That will satisfy 5 of your requirements: Eat lunch & drink, beach & hammock time, scenery, it's another island and a short trip! :D

Wherever you end up going it will be a fabulous day!
villafish

Post by villafish »

Capt. John took us to Guana Island. We packed a lunch and anchored there and enjoyed the absolute peace and beauty of the bay. It was just one stop on a great day. Ask John...he knows all the best spots to go!
<p> Half the fun of the travel is the esthetic of lostness.</p>
GotToGetAway

Post by GotToGetAway »

We went on a trip with a different boat and had a blast. We went to Tortola first of course for customs, then to the caves on Norman Island ( I think that's were), the Indians, over to Sandy Spit, to Foxy's for lunch, then stopped at JVD for some time at Soggy Dollar. We got back before dinner. Your captain can give you suggestions also, especially considering the sea conditions that day if your fearful of seasickness.
Tickerless :(
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

I like Cooper Island for lunch and beaching - also the snorkeling there at Cistern Rock is excellent. Much quieter than JVD, especially the raucous drinking scene at White Bay during the day with all the day boats crowding in.
The reefs at Key Bay Peter Island and Benures Bay Norman Island are uncrowded and easy snorkeling.
A walk around Salt Island is a shore experience worth doing.
Capt John will be your dream blind date no matter what.
Iluvstjohn

Post by Iluvstjohn »

I agree..you can't go wrong with Captain John.....but I wouldn't miss Soggy Dollar Bar!
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

There shouldn't be an issue with seasickness on Palma Bella!! Just wear a wrist band or take Dramamine or Bovine first!! A nice easy day on the water with Capt John: tour the North Shore of St. John from the water, stop at Soper's Hole for a little shopping (you have to check in to customs here also), Norman Island for drinks and beach, lunch on the Willy-T and of course, don't miss White Bay and Soggy Dollar for painkillers and hammock time!! Check out Capt John's Facebook page for lots more ideas:

https://www.facebook.com/PalmTreeCharters
Badger5

Post by Badger5 »

We loved Marina Cay for lunch. Great place for food, drink, and relaxing before moving on to the next place.
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Captain John is the guy you want to be on a blind date with for sure!!! He will make sure you aren't seasick- On our recent trip, he had a plan to take us to Spyglass but was very honest that the condition just weren't suitable and so we changed it up and headed elsewhere!! Regardless of where you end up- you will have a blast with him! He is the best and we all LOVED our time with him!! :D Have fun ! and let us know how it goes.
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Need2GetAway

Post by Need2GetAway »

Thanks so much everybody. Sue (Mrs. Capt. John) has been in touch and seems to have everything under control. LOL. I can't believe we leave on Thursday. YES!
Rocky Mtn Travellers

Post by Rocky Mtn Travellers »

Here is my two cents:

Snorkel stops at Caves and Indians, lunch at the Willy T, then Sandy Spit or another snorkel spot. FInish up the day Jost chugging Painkillers.
You can't drink all day if you don't start early