Cruz Views input~

Travel discussion for St. John
stjchica

Cruz Views input~

Post by stjchica »

Aside from the recent uninvited visitor...
Can you that have firsthand knowledge of Cruz Views give me input?
Last minute trip for 2 for a week. Need under $1000/wk and this is one of the very few places that are that cheap. Just need clean, a/c, and safe place to stay.
Thanks so much~
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

I would recommend it. I think that is was fine. It is clean, has a nice pool and is close to town.
wishiwasinthevi

Post by wishiwasinthevi »

We havent actually stayed there but stayed right above it in a villa and we loved the view and loved how close we were to town, literally just 2 or 3 minutes. For view and proximity to town, I dont think it could be beat. I can't speak as to the units themselves though.
ToonMann

Post by ToonMann »

Chica,

We stayed at Cruz Views (#7) for a week in December, 2009.

Absolutely no complaints, but some units are better than others. Someone indicated that unit #1 gets pretty hot in the afternoon.

PM me if you have more questions.

TM
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

I've stayed in #7 and #10 on multiple occasions and agree with the others that this is a great location, views, clean, nice pool and the price is right. The units have beach chairs and coolers for you to use too.

Please let me know if you have any other specific questions.
NancyB
stjchica

Post by stjchica »

Thanks guys!!
~Pam~
"Barefoot in the snow white sand
A bag of sea shells in her hand
She finally found a paradise it seems..."
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

Have stayed at Cruz Views on 2 trips, Unit #7, & will stay there again next budget trip. Love the views!
Definately recommend for your needs.
Enjoy!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Unit 1 now has ac throughout! It was me that said it was hellishly hot there in the afternoon.
We'll definitely be coming back. Would love to rent a villa someday on the coral bay side, but with 3 kids in college, it's going to be awhile til we can afford that. So we'll be coming on back to Cruz Views!
paulandtracie

Post by paulandtracie »

We have stayed in #7, #10 and #3, because of the lush foliage, #10 has a more limited view but is very private. #7 is also on the end and very private. All units are tiny, it is what it is. We also got to look at all of the other units when we were there last summer because all but ours were empty! Some are getting really run down. We did not like #1 as it was one of the older units and you have to walk out of the complex and up a steep driveway to get to it.#3 has a stunning remodeled bathroom with a gorgeous garden shower and a great sweeping view, we loved it.

Enjoy!
[/url]
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

As far as I'm concerned best offseason deal on St John. #3,5,8,9 for us #3 our fave #5 least but hey for what we stayed for a night $90 (they were running a special) I was happy as a clam and the A/C rocked.
Iluvstjohn

Post by Iluvstjohn »

Hi all! We are staying at CV for the first time this trip...it will be our 9th trip, but first to CV! We are supposed to stay in unit 1.....and i think we chose it because it was on the end and we wouldn't bother others (we have kids ages 6 and 8). Should we have picked a different unit? Any insights??
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

We stayed in unit 1 last trip. The views are gorgeous, parking is easier than in the lot, and I heard it's fully air conditioned now, which will be a real plus! It's a walk down the hill to the pool.
You can not beat the price, too!
As far as security, I admit to being a real worrier, but I would stay there- no question! Use normal precautions like the safe and not leaving anything in the car, and lock your unit when leaving. They may have put the same alarm on the door that we have on unit 2, which would also alert you if one of the kids decided to go wandering!
rpplano

Post by rpplano »

I miss Sam the cat. :cry:
Mary L

Post by Mary L »

I'm staying in #9, my first time, do all of the units have AC ? Is that an OK unit to stay in.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Mary, you can call Caribbean Villas and see what part, or all, is air conditioned. I think all of the bedrooms are, at least.
I don't know anything about unit 9 in particular, but I'm sure someone does!