Day 5: My Girl Snorkels, Myra Keating & Shipwreck Landin

Travel discussion for St. John
Jumbiegirl

Post by Jumbiegirl »

Flip-Flop - what camera are you using? Your colors are so rich!
Trip #14 comes June 11, 2015!!
JJShaw

Post by JJShaw »

They are such cuties !!!!
[/url]
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

mindehankins wrote:Did you notice if they had PAs as well as docs, at the clinic? I have seriously thought of applying...
The staff was fairly sparse, I only saw a nurse or two and a doctor. I think there are two doctors.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Jumbiegirl wrote:Flip-Flop - what camera are you using? Your colors are so rich!
Just a regular old, beat up canon (I am not even sure of the model). I did autocorrect upon importing them from the camera to the computer and a few touchups. Acutally some of the duller pics are from my iphone and I think I might have overdone it on some of the touch-ups, but oh well!
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

I am loving your trip reports! It looks like so much fun! I'm glad the trip to the doctor went well, it's good to hear about the clinic in case it's ever needed.
Thank you for sharing such great pictures of your beautiful family!
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

flip-flop wrote:
mindehankins wrote:Did you notice if they had PAs as well as docs, at the clinic? I have seriously thought of applying...
The staff was fairly sparse, I only saw a nurse or two and a doctor. I think there are two doctors.
When I used the services of Myrah Keating last December, I spent some time chatting to the nurse who saw me. She was on assignment with a Traveling Nurse Association. I can't remember how long she said she'd be on STJ, but her next posting was going to be either STX or Guam. Dr. Barrot, one of the two doctors on staff has been on STJ for 20 or 30 years.
Mary L

Post by Mary L »

Amy I'm really enjoying your trip report. I'm so glad that your daughter did well snorkleing. I will be taking my Granddaughter this summer and she loves the water she's like a fish. I can't wait to teach her how to snorkle. She is so excited to go, she will be 6.
Mary L

Post by Mary L »

I wanted to ask you, where you got her snorkel stuff, did you order it online.
stjdeb

Post by stjdeb »

I just can't believe they are getting so big. It's funny, I don't post too often, but lurk alot! I feel like I've watched your little ones grow up on STJ! The only times we see pics of them is while on vacay -so of course they only grow up there! LOL! Thank you for sharing the family experience with us, it is precious to watch. I wish we could have had experiences like this with my own daughter when she was young, but - someday with the grandkids, maybe!
Deb
Sunny

Post by Sunny »

I am loving your trip reports - It looks like you guys had a wonderful time!

Thanks for sharing!
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Mary L wrote:I wanted to ask you, where you got her snorkel stuff, did you order it online.
Based on this: http://www.mongoosejunctionstjohn.com/mongoose_map.php I am pretty sure it was Hurricane Alley.

Typically we would have purchased this ahead of time, had we had any idea she would want to do it. Total surprise to us.

My hubby (the snorkeler/scuba dude in our family) deemed it very good quality so we went for it.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Absolutely wonderful report & pix.
My eyes completely swelled as I read about your trip,-In a good way!
Wonderful = filled with wonder, and I'm very grateful that you've shared these moments with us!
Thanks, and always-
Smiles-
MJ
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

fun trip report! looking forward to see what comes next! :D
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Looks like fun and you are training your kids very well! :D
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

sea-nile wrote:Looks like fun and you are training your kids very well! :D
She is pretty timid/safe when it comes to new things, so I was very proud of her. She made it clear that this love of snorkeling in NO WAY meant she ever wanted to scuba dive "like daddy" ... I told her that was fine but also promised if she ever changed her mind that I would take the course with her! :)