Shout Out to MJ at Aqua Bistro-

Travel discussion for St. John
mahojim

Shout Out to MJ at Aqua Bistro-

Post by mahojim »

Let me start by saying...-Word.
Delicious.
This cat has been brought up before in different topics, but all I can do is say, "Amen",-regarding the delicious food that this man puts on a plate.
The meals My Sweet Amy & I enjoyed at Aqua Bistro were ASTOUNDING.
MJ is a seemingly modest chef,(behind the scenes), and whether he delivers the food himself, or not, he always checks back to insure satisfaction. The ownership of his plates landed us over the rainbow.
No crap.
Aqua Bistro is my favorite bar on island; I've enjoyed plenty of appetizers there,the slow open air ambiance, local feel, etc... and it was always the "jimmies on top of the cupcake", but this past trip, we dove into a couple of dinners...
I had a blackened black tip shark caeser salad.
MUAH! Delicious...
Have to get back to you regarding Amy's meal;- she's asleep...
Also had an UNBELIEVABLY DELICIOUS mussel entree at Shipwreck...(not to mention the Conch Fritters...)
Matt RULES!!!
Great to see Sharon on the beach,...
I'm sure I'm leaving loads of stuff out,...
Get back to you, with Pix!
Thanks for filling our bellies,friends,
-and always-
Smiles-
Jimmy & Amy
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

i'm starving!!!! :D :D :D
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Coden

Post by Coden »

Thanks for the review. We missed Aqua the last time we were there and really, really hope to be able to enjoy it this year. :)
Coden
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

Whoa! Quite a post. I want some of what you are eating.....and smoking :wink: :wink: :D

See ya soon, Jimmy!

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

surfnh

Post by surfnh »

Total agreement, we also had our best meal at Aqua Bistro a few weeks ago.
Nic in KC

Post by Nic in KC »

Didn't have dinner at Aqua Bistro until after our third trip to St. John. Every meal since has been perfect! The shrimp scampi I had there remains one of my best island meals ever. I agree it's overlooked sometimes and I think the courtyard atmosphere is perfect!
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

We gave a shout out to MJ after our June 2010 trip. We ate at Aqua many nights and each time the food was amazing. At that time I told him about the Forum and that I would post cudos about the restaurant. I hope he sees the good reviews!
Muhaha

Post by Muhaha »

Will try it on our next trip.

Jim, did you do a dinghy day?
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Muhaha-
LOVED our Dinghy Day, thanks for all of the advice!
I'll get further in depth in our TR.- just have to have my darlin' help post the pix...
Smiles-
MJ
Mary L

Post by Mary L »

Great to hear, my daughter is having her wedding reception there in Aug.
Backtotheislands

Majo Jim

Post by Backtotheislands »

Majo Jim, I can't wait for your trip report and want to hear ALL about Jumbie. Did you guys enjoy it? Anything lacking at all? Floats for the pool??? How's the road to the house? Privacy, kitchen, ETC. Etc. Sorry you had to return. I was sad for a month last time when we got back. I just want to stay there! And like everyone else, I find myself on the forums DAILY!! Currently drinking some coconut vodka and reading trip reports. I've got it bad! I think I'm down to 71 days . . . and counting!!
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Villa Jumbie was a steal.
Can't say enough about our little slice of heaven...
TR soon come...
Props to the Coral Bay chefs is what I was looking to imply. Gentle rock and roll, like the pull of the waves through the pebbles at the west end of Maho ...
Delicious, and well worth the wait!
I love that place, and am so happy My Sweet Amy does too.
I wish we could go back to a week or so ago, but we'll celebrate even moreso next visit.
Cheers to the folks cooking the grub in Coral Bay-
As delicious as the beaches...(well, almost... 8) ) -
Don't forget to take your time "unpacking"...
:wink:
Smiles-
Jimmy
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

We were with Greyhoundmom and crew last trip. We loved MJ and Aqua Bistro!!!! He does take such personal pride in the quality of his work, and is so complementary of his assistants! I really like some one who gives credit to those who support them in what they are doing. We definatly plan to go there at least once this trip. We went twice last time. :D
TrvlJohn

Post by TrvlJohn »

Last night Karen and I went with Poolmom and Mr. Poolmom to Aqua Bistro. The Poolmoms had already eaten so they had to watch Karen and I eat a fantastic meal at Aqua Bistro. We were lucky enough to get the table right by the serving window and MJ showed me the Tuna special (every Friday) - which of course I had to eat. It was amazing....
Karen got a pasta special with shrimp, scallops, asparagus, and fresh parmesan. The special also came with lobster, but Karen asked them to leave that off. She said the only thing missing was a homemade biscuit to clean the bottom of the bowl. :lol:

Finished with Key Lime Pie...wonderful meal. The tuna was GREAT! When we were leaving Karen saw Pork Chops and Mash Potatoes coming out of the kitchen...so we have to go back...

John
Leap, and the net will appear.
- John Burroughs