Hot Mess Trip Report- Day 2

Travel discussion for St. John
Xislandgirl

Hot Mess Trip Report- Day 2

Post by Xislandgirl »

Day 2

Up at the crack of dawn, even after a night of craziness, we can’t sleep late.
Coffee and breakfast at Harborview watching Cruz Bay wake up on a sleepy Sunday… until the Revival in the ball field. Harborview has the perfect location to have a direct acoustical line from the ball field and well, the preacher was a little heated about his sermon and it was time to go to the beach.

It was cloudy ( you will see a pattern here) but it was our first day and we would not be deterred from beach time.
Chip picked Jumbie as the beach that he wanted to visit this trip, as we had never been there together, so we loaded up the annoying Jeep, stopped at Deli Grotto for a Turkey artichoke sandwich and headed out.

We sat and soaked up the warmth, no sun, but it was warm and quiet, and we were happy.
We shared our sandwich, which was not as good as I remembered. It was kind of wimpy and had cream cheese, which was odd.

We had a big night ahead of us, so we headed out after a few hours and back to Harborview to clean up for the night.

We had been invited to The Grateful Shed for pre Beach Bar cocktails and the grand tour. It is an amazing house and Ruth and Ron have put so much hard work into it. I am so very happy that they decided to live there.

Off to the Beach Bar for the forumite gathering. It was a great one, very well attended. It was nice to meet folks that you only know from inside your computer.
ImagePSA TO EVERYONE: Go to a Forum get together. Stop being shy and intimidated and go. The friends that I have made from these parties are life long friends. People that I get together with off island, people that I am so fortunate to know. Just grab a drink and say hello, you will be glad, TRUST ME!

After dinner a small group of us went to dinner at La Plancha.
We sit down and order drinks and the waitress comes to our table and asks for me. I am confused. She hands me a bag and walks away. Everyone at the table is smirking, except for Chip and I, and I worried.
I open the bag and inside of it, is a Blue Mitten Candle.
Quick backstory: this was given to me, and then has been passed back and forth between a friend and I as a joke. Hidden in our houses, office, in mailboxes, etc. She sent it to Ruth and she coordinated with Bev to surprise me.
We laughed and laughed and laughed. No Hot Mess, but one great surprise.

We had a great meal at La Plancha. They have a massive screen above the bar for movie night and it was really cool until…the nature videos got a little gruesome. There were videos of animals, in the wild, killing each other. Loved the meal
Loved the interesting cocktails
Loved the service
Did not like the animal death videos.

After a couple delicious chocolate brownie waffles, we said our goodbyes and the mitten, Chip, and I went back to Harborview to bed!
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

Oh man, the La Plancha del Mar Mitten Candle Caper is going to be a tough act to follow.
bevm

Post by bevm »

Fun afternoon and evening with everyone! The "mitten moment" was CLASSIC!!
Jen East End

Post by Jen East End »

Love your stories...you must be very special...two surprises in two days! Wonderful!
[/url]
Coden

Post by Coden »

Oh, I hope your friend knows that paybacks are ....well, you know what I mean. :D
Coden
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

sounds like a wonderful day! :)
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

Fun fun! Looking forward to more :lol:
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Your reports are great! It is hard to keep up with them all but I will read yours!
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Yay, another trip report and more surprises....this girl love surprises!
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

I was SO glad to run into yous guys, and equally as sorry for feeling like crap & missing out on such a fun evening... :oops:
Next time!
Smiles-
MJ
Mary L

Post by Mary L »

More I love reading about your trip. The mitten story is great.