Favorite Rum (flavor) and mixer?

Travel discussion for St. John
traveler22

Post by traveler22 »

Cruzan Black cherry & diet or cherry coke
Coden

Post by Coden »

Traveler22 - I know I will have to buy a bottle of the Cruzan rum black cherry. That just sounds too deelish!
Coden
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

My aunt has a friend from St. Croix (who lives in my town) that requests Cruzan coconut rum and cranberry juice when she visits my house. If I don't have cranberry, she asks to mix it with coke.

I haven't developed a taste for the flavored rums, they seem too sweet to me so I go for the old standby of rum punches or rum and cokes.
Last edited by PA Girl on Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
traveler22

Post by traveler22 »

Coden-
Great for the beach. Take a 20 oz plastic Cherry coke bottles,pour out some coke and replace with the Black Cherry Cruzan, chill! Very refreshing. Last trip Island Blues was selling a Cruzan Rum punch with a couple of different flavors mixed that was excellent
Coden

Post by Coden »

Pa Girl - Cruzan coconut rum and cranberry juice - never thought about mixing coconut and cranberry - but hey, I'll give that a try. It sounds nice and light.

traveler - I'll get a bottle of the cherry coke and give that a whirl. I can see keeping that down in an ice filled cooler and taking a nice refreshing swig of it while spending a hot day on the beach. Yum!

I don't normally drink dark sodas, I am more of a ginger-ale type of girl, but who doesn't like a cherry coke. LOL
Coden
traveler22

Post by traveler22 »

Not a soda drinker at all and do prefer Pepsi over Coke but the combo of Cruzan Black Cherry and Coke just goes together for me. Just had friends return from their first trip and it was their favorite drink especially when it was hot at the beach. I was always always a beer drinker while my beach bunny was a Captain and Coke drinker but St.John was out of Captain once and we found the Cruzan BC and coke combo and never went back to Captain Morgan and its cheaper 8)
piscesgirl0314

Post by piscesgirl0314 »

Well...can I say "all of them" and "with anything..." is that a good answer...teehee...no, but in all seriousness...I don't have a favorite...I really do love them all... :wink:
coral babe

Malibu Bay Breeze

Post by coral babe »

1:1:1
Mailbu Coconut Rum, Pineapple Juice, Unsweetened Cranberry Juice. Add ice.

Have all the makings in the cabinet all year round next to a pretty pitcher.
Capn Dan and Ruby

Post by Capn Dan and Ruby »

1 shot ea. Cruzan Black Strap & Cruzan Coconut with a splash of water over ice ( or skip the water :D ) Tastes like toasted coconut!

Same with Mango & Coconut- light and refreshing!

And I just descovered the Dark and Stormy at the Fatty Crab!!! MMMMM :D :D :D
Coden

Post by Coden »

Thanks y'all - I've put all of your suggestions into my spreadsheet in the tab labeled Drink Recipes :wink:

piscesgirl0314 - I think you have the right attitude about the whole thing. :lol:
Coden
suzi

Post by suzi »

my summer fave- Guava Cruzan Rum and Fresca!!! No calories in the fresca
greyhoundmom

Post by greyhoundmom »

Our favorite villa afternoon in the pool is the Lime/Coconut. My grad mixed up some mean blenders for us (she learned this from her mom!) She does the coconut Cruzan, Coco Lopez, quarters the lime, takes the skin off and finely chops skin so there aren't a lot of big chunks, ice and amazing!

This was our sixth summer and I have never taken any alcohol to the beach (where have I been?) So, I decided to mix up a Nalgene bottle of Cruzan Coconut, Pineapple, ice and a splash of Sprite. Passed it around to all the other Frances Bay people and it came back to me. Oh dear, it was sitting at the foot of my beach chair at 9:00 a.m. and I was so enjoying watching everyone else in the water. Time to close my eyes for just a minute as I adjusted the chair to the recline position. An hour and a half later I woke up to snorkel! :D
Coden

Post by Coden »

Yummy - more recipes to wake up to!!

Thnk suzi, and greyhoundmom - I am cracking up!! Early morning drinking puts me right back to bed, too. :oops:
Coden
Chet

Post by Chet »

Capn Dan and Ruby wrote:And I just descovered the Dark and Stormy at the Fatty Crab!!! MMMMM :D :D :D
Welcome to the dark side :twisted:
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

[/url]
jmq

Post by jmq »

When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide