Cinnamon campsite

Travel discussion for St. John
parafins

Cinnamon campsite

Post by parafins »

I was playing around on Youtube and came across a Oct.2011 video of a guy camping and enjoying most of the parks trails.So he pans around his campsite @ Cinnamon and a ratty,beat up,duct tape of a lounge chair comes into view.I had to replay it!Could it be that chair that I rescued from a dumpster when I was there in May?Just after he taped the site he claimed that it was site 54.{my old site}Yep! I was that chair!I thought for sure I was the only one who might enjoy that old lounge,but I was wrong!Have a happy New Year y'all! Parafins
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...
RickG

Post by RickG »

Not a bad story! Karma works.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
bubblybrenda

Post by bubblybrenda »

*LOL* well as a lover of all things called Bare Site Camping at Cinnamon Bay I can totally relate to the story of the duct-taped chair.

When you're travelling with your house, bed, food and clothes in two duffel bags there are some things you just gotta hope to scrounge up once you get there.

Now I have to YouTube Cinnamon Bay camping and see what I can find.... thanks for the tip.
~Brenda~
Dome526

Duct Tape tip for camping.... Cinnamon campsite

Post by Dome526 »

parafins wrote:I was playing around on Youtube and came across a Oct.2011 video of a guy camping and enjoying most of the parks trails.So he pans around his campsite @ Cinnamon and a ratty,beat up,duct tape of a lounge chair comes into view.I had to replay it!Could it be that chair that I rescued from a dumpster when I was there in May?Just after he taped the site he claimed that it was site 54.{my old site}Yep! I was that chair!I thought for sure I was the only one who might enjoy that old lounge,but I was wrong!Have a happy New Year y'all! Parafins
DUCT TAPE....I learned a long time ago to always bring duct tape for camping. It is simple...just take duct tape, and wrap around your Nalgene water bottle, (or any water bottle). It has 2 uses.... 1. Useful for holding duct tape without bringing a roll of tape, and 2. insulation to keep your beverag cold.
Tom in CT
parafins

Re: Duct Tape tip for camping.... Cinnamon campsite

Post by parafins »

Dome526 wrote:
parafins wrote:I was playing around on Youtube and came across a Oct.2011 video of a guy camping and enjoying most of the parks trails.So he pans around his campsite @ Cinnamon and a ratty,beat up,duct tape of a lounge chair comes into view.I had to replay it!Could it be that chair that I rescued from a dumpster when I was there in May?Just after he taped the site he claimed that it was site 54.{my old site}Yep! I was that chair!I thought for sure I was the only one who might enjoy that old lounge,but I was wrong!Have a happy New Year y'all! Parafins
DUCT TAPE....I learned a long time ago to always bring duct tape for camping. It is simple...just take duct tape, and wrap around your Nalgene water bottle, (or any water bottle). It has 2 uses.... 1. Useful for holding duct tape without bringing a roll of tape, and 2. insulation to keep your beverag cold.
Tom in CT
Duct tape is my favorite!It works great if your kids get out of control also.Just tape them to a tree!
HELLO FROM MICHIGAN...