another manta sighting....

Travel discussion for St. John
surfnh

another manta sighting....

Post by surfnh »

well everyone is interested,...so here's another tidbit. After beaching at Trunk this afternoon, we stopped by Cinnamon about 5pm to check the waves out, my son went in to body surf and 5 min later guess what swims by.....you betcha....the manta....guess Francis is getting too crowded for him? :shock:
loria

Post by loria »

or , maybe he is just following you.... 8)

or looking for new crowds! :D
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
surfnh

Post by surfnh »

loria wrote:or , maybe he is just following you.... 8)

or looking for new crowds! :D
Ha! Yes, following my wife probably, she's much better looking!!
stjdeb

Post by stjdeb »

We saw the manta on tuesday, on wednesday we switched over to Maho as Francis had been so crazy, and there he was again. At Maho he was much closer to the beach making it easier for snorkels to use spotters on the beach. My BIL was so excited to swim with the day before we left!
Deb
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Manta is no different than the rest of us. Don't we all try different beaches on different days? 8) He probably knows to stay away from Trunk when the ships are in port. :lol:

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

surfnh

Post by surfnh »

Well this continues to get amusing. Bad snorkel day today, high surf last two days beat up the sand, water was cloudy. We ended at Francis this morning, about noon I take a dip in the water. While I'm doing the crawl (w/o goggles on, but eyes open) out to the bouy.....I'm like halfway out all by my lonesome, and what swims directly under me and scares the crap out of me! You guessed it, my friend the manta. Give me a break, I thought he was moving west along the coast looking for the best rum punch???
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

You have a stalker. Consider an Order of Protection ;)
conchman

Post by conchman »

Soooo....let's get this straight, I pray to see a Manta (never have yet)and Yoooouuuu...have one stalking you. What give's?? You giving him kickbacks to show up, sounds like Chi-Town politics...
http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]

"If I had trouble the warranty said, Breathe In, Breathe Out, Move On"
surfnh

Post by surfnh »

conchman wrote:Soooo....let's get this straight, I pray to see a Manta (never have yet)and Yoooouuuu...have one stalking you. What give's?? You giving him kickbacks to show up, sounds like Chi-Town politics...
He's a rum loving manta....and can smell it coming out my pores! :D