Treasure Ridge

Travel discussion for St. John
lazylane

Treasure Ridge

Post by lazylane »

still villa searching...anyone have any feedback on Treasure Ridge in Chocolate Hole?? Can't seem to find any reviews. Appreciate it! :D (I need a ticker!!!)

http://www.destinationstjohn.com/home.p ... re%20Ridge
papabou

Post by papabou »

ll,

we satyed at treasure ridge several yrs ago (dec 07 when fairly new). things we liked: convenient location on upper rockbridge rd just above ambiance, allesandra & la papya; wonderful views including outer cruz bay, great cruz bay, choc hole, hart bay and beyond ditilff (sp) point including sunrises and sunsets in dec; clean and well equipped; level parking and easy entrance into villa; and wonderful covered veranda across front (waterside) of house. personal dislikes: 2 equal masters on main level were sparsely furnished and opened into entrance foyer so no views; lot of steps down to pool level; and villa under construction next door. sure construction over but wonder about privacy now.

she was a very nice & well equipped villa & new rate is attractive & competitive and views are some of best we've had on island however steps down to pool level (and laundry) are now deal killers for us (late 60's).

papabou
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

Thanks for the info, papapou. The view of several bays is what is selling me. I love to boat watch and what a plus that you get sunrises AND sunsets!! I watched a Jeep Cam video of the road on onstjohn, wow what a road!! How's that in the rain? We will have a Jeep of course. Looking to get a ticker soon!!
papabou

Post by papabou »

roads not really bad though couple of swtich backs that i believe you can see around. take left turn at top of hill past westin (heading south) and wind up the paved road. we actually stayed once in next villa up hill (temptress, now magic view) and had a toyota camry and made w/o problems.

you have a blind in both directions and dangerous right turn onto south shore road from rockridge when going back to cruz bay. fine after dark because you can see head lights but during day is treacherous.

if the lack of views from bedrooms and long stairs down to pool deck don't bother you, i believe you will enjoy tr. the views form veranda are awesome.

papabou
Mark

Treasure Ridge

Post by Mark »

We just reserved Treasure Ridge for later this year. The main factor in renting this Villa is the view. We previously stayed at Allesandra and the views are outstanding of St. Thomas and the sun sets are killer. Rock Ridge Road is not too steep I would say it is average for driving. Although the turn onto Rock Ridge is a blind turn so just gun it and go :D :D If you want good sun set views I would say that most of the homes on Rock Ridge will provide that for you.
mlr214

Post by mlr214 »

Papabou,

I'm also curious about this villa. We'll be traveling with our daughter who will be 3 next year and are looking for villas with at least two bedrooms on same level with interior access, is this the case for this villa? We'll also have our mother in law with us and would like a bedroom for her that can be on another level.
So there are views of both sunrise and sunset? We stayed this past year in coral bay and the sunrises were a great part of the day but we also want to be a little closer to Cruz bay on this visit for restaurants/shops etc.
papabou

Post by papabou »

mlr, the 2 main level master bedrooms open only to the entrance foyer just as you enter the front doors and same level parking 10 ft max away. the third bedroom is on the pool level (down long stairs) and is much smaller than others but has private bath. you would definitely need a safety gate of some type to blocks your child's access to open outdoor stairs to pool level.

the villa has full western views and will have sunsets and lighting of stt in evenings year round. sunrises over ditlif will be restricted to between early dec to mid january and rest of yr the south flank of gifft hill will block sunrises. see
http://suncalc.net/#/18.3235,-64.7798,1 ... 2.10/21:50

another point that could be a factor during warmer months is the possible heat buildup in great room late afternoons since have full sun. was not a problem for us in december. also all 3 berooms have ac.

papabou
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

We booked it!! December soon come!!! :D
Lovermont

Post by Lovermont »

*LIKE*
mlr214

Post by mlr214 »

Thanks papabou this helps, might not be the right villa for us.