kristen1206

Post by kristen1206 »

La Plancha Del Mar!!
awardb

Post by awardb »

In no particular order, our favorites:

Fish Trap - Aaron, the owner, puts out some terrific creations

High Tide - Found this last year, love the place

Shipwreck Landing - What can I say? Always delicious, and the prices are very reasonable
AwardB
Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop. - Lewis Carroll
ABCDad

Post by ABCDad »

We've had very few bad dining experiences on St. John (aside from sticker shock). Our favorites:

More Expensive:
Rhumb Lines - Scott's Tuna (spicy enough on some nights to break a sweat).
Waterfront Bistro - Amazing scallops and the Jalarita (jalapeno margarita), but not much flexibility for kids' dining choices.
Morgan's Mango: Excellent fish and Candela's mint drink.

Less Expensive:
Skinny Legs - blue cheese burger.
Tourist Trap - Lobster roll, nachos, Drink Right Keep Left.
Beach Bar - Tuna Down Now, Tuna Bites, drinks.
High Tide - conch fritters.
Caneel Bay Grill - great after visiting Honeymoon Beach.

The atmosphere at all these places is pretty unique as well. If you're traveling with kids, most places will mix up fruit smoothies that they'll enjoy.
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

In May, we had several excellent meals.

Lime Inn - I had seen the recent mixed reviews, but on our last night, my hubby really wanted lobster and after calling around to several places, Lime Inn was the only place that had it and we could get in. Our meals were excellent - had lobster and grilled fish. Nice fresh salad, and the dinners came with a side order of some kind of potato casserole that was sooo good. Had great service and enjoyed chatting with the owner.

Spyglass (in the location where Balcony used to be). We just love the view from here and usually eat here for lunch on our "town day". Conch fritters were excellent, salads were super fresh and huge, coconut shrimp was excellent. Very good service both times here.

Shipwreck - one of our favorites after a day of snorkeling at Little Lameshur. Hubby had curried nut crusted grouper and it was really, really good. It tasted like it was marinated in Valley Doll curry sauce. They have a chicken dish fixed the same way. Our friend got a steak and it was excellent too. Their frozen key lime pie is the best.

Sogos - less expensive West Indian food. We get carry out from here several times every trip and really enjoy the food. Husband likes curried goat, I get Shrimp Creole, friends get Curried Shrimp. The meals come with several side dishes (also very tasty), so there is a lot of food.

Happy trip planning!