Who will hold our luggage on St. John?

Travel discussion for St. John
BuffaloGal

Who will hold our luggage on St. John?

Post by BuffaloGal »

I know this has been discussed before, but we have a late flight on Sunday and were wondering where we might store our luggage for the day? Unfortunately, Connections will be closed. We're also open to shopping on St. Thomas if a driver will hold it. Thanks!
RonUSVI

Re: Who will hold our luggage on St. John?

Post by RonUSVI »

Take the 11:15 ferry to CA or the earlier one 9:15 and the ATS taxi guys will hold your luggage while you shop. You should note that most stores close by 2 on Sundays.
RL 8)
lprof

Post by lprof »

We left St John yesterday on the 11:15 CA ferry. Our bags were left with "Tyrone" while we had a quick lunch. (You are asked if you wish to use this service as you leave the ferry) The return time is set, the bags are loaded into the van, and you are given his business card. The fare to the airport for two people with two bags (held for an hour) was $20.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Could you ask the villa owners for a later checkout if there is no one checking in? We did that on Tuesday, but ended up leaving the villa earlier than planned -but had the option of dropping luggage off at Connections.
janet
BuffaloGal

Post by BuffaloGal »

Thanks for the tip on the CA ferry. Late check out is unavailable. We typically do that with later flights so we can hit the beach one last morning. I suspect Thanksgiving week is pretty busy down here.
lazylane

Post by lazylane »

The last 2 years we have left our bags(2 couples with 2 bags each and a laptop) with Thomas at the dock. The first time we were skeptical, so my husband asked one of the taxi drivers and the po-po and they said if Thomas told you he would watch your bags, he will watch your bags! We tipped him $20! We have also left them at the Jeep rental when we dropped it off, small tip also. We have also sat in the park and took turns watching them!!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Deb, this Thomas is at the Charlotte Amalie dock? And then I believe that we can also walk to the park in STT and there is a kiosk there? Is this kiosk open on weekdays? We're departing with a late flight on a Thursday, so I thought we could walk around Charlotte Amalie and shop and eat before departure.
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

Minde - You can park your luggage at the Visitor's Center in Charlotte Amalie for a small fee - I think it was $2 a bag last time. If you take the downtown ferry when you leave STJ, the Visitor's Center is diagonally across the street from where you get off the ferry. It's a yellow building with blue shutters. They also have a bathroom there if you need one before hitting the stores. It's not the most luxurious but it's there. The ladies at the Visitor's Center will also call you a cab when you need to head to the airport. They're always very helpful.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Thanks, Lindy!
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

:D