Villa Review- Casa Coram Deo-Jan 29th- Feb 5th

Travel discussion for St. John
jan

Villa Review- Casa Coram Deo-Jan 29th- Feb 5th

Post by jan »

All I can say is WOW!!!! This is our 14th trip to St John and have stayed in a variety of different villas but Casa Coram Deo blew us away from the moment we stepped in the front door. We were a group of 8 and this villa suited each and every one of our needs.

The villa has 5 bedrooms but we only needed 4 for our group but each bedroom was spacious, beautifully decorated and had large bathrooms with huge glass showers that had great water pressure to boot. The bedrooms on the 2nd floor opened up to a verandah that overlooked the pool below and Great Cruz Bay. The 2 bedrooms on the 1st floor opened up to the pool area. Each of the 4 bedrooms had a little sitting area right outside the door to the room which provided a a little shade in the late day sun. The 5th bedroom has 2 twin beds and 2 trundle beds and has its own balcony on the back side of the house.

The main deck area was spectacular with a big pool and spa and an outdoor kitchen with grill and sink.There is a gate off the back deck that has stairs and an outdoor shower that lead to a path to the water of Great Cruz Bay. The Westin Hotel is just a short walk down the beach. This worked out great for us as some people would be up at the house some swimming laps in the bay and some would be getting sandwiches at the great deli they have at the Westin (I think it is called Mango's) 4 in our group did a snorkel trip from the Westin and they just walked down to meet the boat and just walked back up to the villa on their return. Perfect!!!

The location of this villa is perfect with easy access to The Westin and swimming in Great Cruz Bay and a short east drive to Cruz Bay not to mention the views from the house are spectacular. The kitchen and living area are so spacious and furnished beautifully. The kitchen has all viking appliances and several refrigerators and my favorite a top of the line ice machine. They really got it right when they put this home together, they didn't miss a trick.

We booked the villa thru Catered To and they were so helpful and attentive and we were so grateful for the welcome food after a long day of travel. When you are in charge of planning a vacation for 8 people it is a little stressful, you want everyone to have the best time possible and the villa choice is key. When I walked thru the front door at Casa Coram Deo I knew that I made the right choice. I think the name of the house means In The Presence of God and name suits the villa well as it is both beautiful and serene. Truly a magical place!!!
hoosierdaddy

Re: Villa Review- Casa Coram Deo-Jan 29th- Feb 5th

Post by hoosierdaddy »

Thanks for the review. Sounds wonderful. Great Cruz Bay is a great location.
Rarely can you find somthing that suites everyone.