The Process or preparation

Travel discussion for St. John
PaminMaine

Re: The Process or preparation

Post by PaminMaine »

mindehankins wrote: This trip, I'll be bringing some new scalp sun screen that my daughter found after our trip in January. Hopefully, I won't need to wear the silly buff!

A couple of days ahead of leaving, I'll put up the sign to remember the cooler.

Just a couple of weeks now, until the guest room becomes St. John staging area :D

I put a sign on the door too !!
I am not sure what you found for scalp lotion, but Nioxin makes a spray as well. It is a professional product and would prob have to be bought at a salon or possibly an Ulta store? I have used it the last 3 years and it works well.
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

Well, you all have replied you use the spare bedroom for your packing "staging area", my suitcase is also there on the bed in the spare bedroom but it has yet to be un-packed from my trip to STJ the last week of January...is this wishful thinking that maybe if I don't unpack that I can return SOON?? One can only dream, I have to say I'm jealous of all your preparations and anticipation...it is half the fun. I wish all of you the best on your upcoming trips :D .

Sadly, no ticker for now...it's killing me here :?
CBama

Post by CBama »

great post!! glad to see planners!! only haven been one time I don't have a process to share. but I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this post. keep them coming.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Pam, yes, it's the Nioxin that Jillian bought me. She works a part time job at Ulta just for the discount :wink:
strat62

Post by strat62 »

wow! i usually just throw all my stuff together the day before we leave.

i'm inspired to be more organized....
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

Strat62 I'm more of a Tele guy myself.
strat62

Post by strat62 »

BillVT wrote:Strat62 I'm more of a Tele guy myself.
tele's are great, ( i have one), but for the stuff we play ( 60's-80's classic rock/blues) there's nothing like a good old alder strat...:-)
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Bill a 2 week visit??? we should all be so lucky. LOL

I'll see you on the Rock with my original 'Got Rum' t shirt that has been the staple for 11 years now.

In my mind I have packed for 11 months since the last trip, but throw it together in the last 2 weeks. I do check the snorkle gear, chargers, double check reservations, and pack the carryon a few days before. There is a comfort knowing what to expect aftr all these blessed years...but it doesn't diminish my excitement for a return visit.

We have found it liberating to pack the least amount we think we need to be on our lil slice of paridise.
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

So, "Big" I'm guessing we've seen each other because our weeks seem to overlap every year.

We've done the just carry-on thing but while we try not to over-pack, I don't mind waiting for a bag and I don't worry when or how I get on the plane. I used to worry about finding room in the overheads for our carry-ons. Now I have a messenger bag with some important stuff in it and I don't stress.

Yea, we are lucky with two weeks. And next year, if it all works out, we might be able to do 3. Which I think might be the max for us. I think I found a topic for a new thread.

See you in a month.
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

We're lucky too...Janurary was a 4 night in Jamiaca at an AI for $500 for 4 nights...not 4 stars but the Samarara was fun and last week a 4 night cruise to Cozumel with some great friends last week. My tan is already working....We are blessed to be able to get bumped and get some free tix on the airlines.

Our kids are so pumped for their 11th year on the rock...Beach bar and then to Hawksnest for the 1st day(Hi to Paul and Tracy and Steve and Leslie)...nothing even compares. We almost feel guilty sharing our experiences with others...not to seem as we are bragging, but to let others get a sense for our love and gratitude for being able to be on our favorite place in the world.

30 days we soon come