Some more on island notes

Travel discussion for St. John
BillVT

Some more on island notes

Post by BillVT »

It is buggy at Francis. The closer to the trees the worse it is. Pray for a breeze.

The Tourist Trap is Porktopia. Larry's bbq pork is great in anything. Sir Lawrence of Manchester (NH).

The fork in the road is now the salad fork in the road.

It is raining today. When it stops and you head for the pool it starts raining again. Best to find a book and look at the view from under the overhang.

The new Doug at Skinnys' is discovering the glories of business ownership. I don't think he has missed a beat.

No matter how lost, burnt, disappointed, drunk or disillusioned you are, smile. You will fool the rest of us and and we will all have a better time for it.
Pia

Re: Some more on island notes

Post by Pia »

*Like* :)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
CBama

Post by CBama »

Francis was buggy when we were there also...enjoyed the snorkel but couldn't stay on the beach very long...and it was early in the morning.....

and I loved the BBQ tacos at Tourist Trap......and the Drink Right Keep Left, which was my favorite drink the whole week...

enjoy....
ccinhbg

Post by ccinhbg »

:D . Raining or not, I'd rather be there. Thanks for the notes
piscesgirl0314

Post by piscesgirl0314 »

I have to agree with ccinhbg...I don't mind the rain while I'm there...it beats the sunshine any place else. :D
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

Everyone around us seems to be of the same opinion. About the rain at least. Also about smiling and enjoying yourself while on vacation. No stress mon!

Visited with PIA yesterday and Big Cheese at the BB at the Sunday night jazz jam. Big Cheese was not hard to pick out. In a nice way.

Skies have cleared and the wind due east at about 17 - 24 knots.

Trying to decide where to go today. Hmmm.
Pia

Post by Pia »

It was great meeting you - sorry I got busy would have liked more time :)
Have fun today (so far only encountered happy people)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Yes, Bill did pick me out of the crowd even though I didnt have on My Original, faded, 11yr old 'GOT RUM' shirt. He said you are big and have a big cheesey grin, soo it had to be you....lol. Great to meet him and his crew and chat up the island. The jazz was incredible and I was on good behavior. I'll wear Got Rum on Thursday to High Tide. Innervisions doesnt start until 9...fyi
psufan

Post by psufan »

Which means by island time they will start by 9;30 at the earliest. We went to see them at the Beach Bar last year. We got there "early" to get a good seat. We enjoyed quite a few painkillers and VI Pale Ales before they started. No big deal. We were on island time too. 8)