Day two - quick pics

Travel discussion for St. John
michigan girls

Day two - quick pics

Post by michigan girls »

Day two was for Salt Pond. We got up with the sunrise as always
DSC_0010 by heidifunk, on Flickr
Then headed straight for Salt Pond, arriving there around 8AM. Got a great set up, then straight to snorkeling. Not great visibility today, but it wasn't terrible, and we enjoyed it anyway.
Squid:
100_0244 by heidifunk, on Flickr
This guy was out in the middle pretty deep, so the photo is not very good. He was HUGE (for a reef fish that is), probably a foot a half long. Anyone know what he is?
100_0205 by heidifunk, on Flickr
Next we took the hike over to Drunk Bay. The girls had a good time building their coral unicorn
DSC_0033 by heidifunk, on Flickr
I call mine "Rudolph the red nosed Coraldeer"
DSC_0027 by heidifunk, on Flickr
Of course, we had to end with a nod to our forum name:
DSC_0035 by heidifunk, on Flickr

Went back to the villa around 1 for pool/nap time and dinner. Then into town to High Tide, where we met Bigcheeze, Littlecheeze and family and Coconuts. Great guys, great drinks and some great music as Innervisions was playing. My parents were along and getting pretty tired, so sadly we could not stay for the whole set :-(

Tomorrow is a sleep in day (for the 14 year olds), so we'll hang at the villa till an early lunch, then Annaberg, then some shopping in Cruz Bay. (the newbies are a little beached-out and needed a break)
Maggy

Re: Day two - quick pics

Post by Maggy »

The fish with the spot is a Mutton snapper and the other one looks like a Bar jack.

Nice pictures :D
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

GREAT TO MEET YOUR CREW LAST NIGHT!!!!
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

Great Pics, looking forward to trying out our new camera. And our first hike to Drunk Bay.