Gorgeous wooden map of STT & STJ!

Travel discussion for St. John
lark22

Gorgeous wooden map of STT & STJ!

Post by lark22 »

Just stumbled across this site and thought I'd share it with my fellow VI fanatics! It's a gorgeous wooden map of St. Thomas & St. John: http://www.belowtheboat.com/products/virgin-islands

I have absolutely no connection to this site at all; just wanted to share a cool find with people who would appreciate it :)
jaybfloyd

Re: Gorgeous wooden map of STT & STJ!

Post by jaybfloyd »

That's bad ass. Thanks. Got the perfect spot for it...behind my bar. Can stare at it as I drown my sorrows in booze.
sherban

Post by sherban »

That's an interesting take on the topo/relief map concept, thanks for sharing it!
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

That is really cool! I would love to see it in person.

My husband and I love maps and have a large VI map framed and displayed prominently in our home, this would be a neat addition.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Very cool!!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
CinnBay

Post by CinnBay »

My husband and I were visiting St. John last month and saw this map on display in Bajo el Sol gallery at Mongoose Junction. I remembered this post and thought it was a great map that I would love to purchase but hesitated spending that much money on something I hadn't seen or from an unknown website. Needless to say, once we saw it we had to purchase it. The map arrived a few days ago and looks great over our bed. Thank you Lark22 for sharing the info about the map.
Kim

Post by Kim »

Thanks for the update CinnBay, I've been debating purchasing this, but had the same hesitation. I do believe this will be an excellent anniversary present :D And thank you Lark22 for sharing the link!
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

That's the Uber-coolest thing I've seen in a while...Way-cool. Mega-cool. Ultra-cool. Mondo-cool. Super-cool. Mucho-cool.- and looks classy,too.
We also have a framed collection of USVI maps...I think I might have to order one...
Thanks for the link!!!
Can't wait to get back there...Gotta' meet Les & Steve finally!!!
Thanks again, and always-
Smiles-
MJ
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Has anyone bought one of these? I'm frustrated with myself for not buying it sooner because there was a coupon code last month for 15% off. I emailed the company asking if they're going to have any promotions anytime soon and was told no. I have a hard not saving that $45 so I don't know if I'm going to pull the trigger now.

If someone bought one in June, I'm wondering if they had free shipping then? They have free shipping now.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
CinnBay

Post by CinnBay »

We actually ordered ours from the art gallery. We paid a little more than the website and did not have to pay for shipping. In hind site, we should have ordered from the website since that's where it was shipped from anyway. But at the time, I couldn't remember the price and I really wanted one.