What does your forum name mean?

Travel discussion for St. John
loria

Re: What does your forum name mean?

Post by loria »

boring... i guess-- since i go by another name on TA and then yet another on thorn tree....not sure what i was thinking. but Loria is simply my first name and middle initial....
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

We used to be B&J in VA - first initial of our names, Bill and Jeri, and we live in Virginia (and love Virginia). A few people got us mixed up with the famous "Bill in VA", (even Anthony!), so I recently talked to Anthony about changing my name to AquaGirl, which I use on another forum. AquaGirl is a nickname from my husband because I *love* to be in and on the water. When we are in the islands, or even at a pool, he has to "drag" me out of the water (not physically, just emotionally) every day, because I enjoy it so much.
Thanks for starting and resurrecting this thread. Its fun to read.
mnfun2bme

Post by mnfun2bme »

MNFUN2BME..... Minnesota Fun To Be Me............. Guess I'm just lucky!

I should actually be WIFUN2BME.... (because even after living in MN for 18 years now I grew up in Wisconsin and still claim it as my "homeland.") ---- the people from Wisconsin all understand that, right??
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

shoemak38 = equals my age :shock: when I got my first AOL account and email
kept the name across accounts
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

mnfun2bme wrote:I should actually be WIFUN2BME.... (because even after living in MN for 18 years now I grew up in Wisconsin and still claim it as my "homeland.") ---- the people from Wisconsin all understand that, right??
Yep. I get it. :) Moved to Wisconsin when I was 17, for college, and never left.
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
vi lover

Post by vi lover »

VI Lover..... Pretty self-explanatory. I LOVE the Virgin Islands! (no - it was never meant to be "sexy" or any kind of self-proclamation of my "prowess" - though....... :D ).

Simply - I'm a Virgin Island Lover and will always be!
MN_Bhoy

Post by MN_Bhoy »

MN_Bhoy

MN = The lovely, currently frigid state of Minnesota

Bhoy = endearing term for a supporter of Glasgow Celtic Football Club (Scotland).
MN_Bhoy
Take me to 18N 64W!
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Eagleraylover- I am obsessed with stingrays. I have studied them and learned about most species but hadn't seen an eagle ray ever-not on all our dive trips never in St John and finally I just got my little eagle ray tattoo - thinking this might really be my only one I ever see!! Then life became amazing when I saw my first one in Leinster bay - Cooper- and later that trip -Augie and I saw eight more during one snorkel!!! Now I have seen plenty and I
Still an eagleraylover!!!!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Thanks for bringing this topic back,; boy did yous guys have fun, had to horn in...
First Pet/Street name; Cody Fir Tree
Cologne/ Candy; Tommy Snickers
I found heaven on earth on my first trip to the rock, spellbound by everything. I was married at the time, and I'm not sure if I was just being timid, or just sated with what we'd seen so far in Cruz Bay and the beaches up to Cinnamon- we stayed at Terrahawk Villa, but we just didn't explore out towards the East for the first few days...(oh yeah,-we WERE on our honeymoon...you figure it out... 8) )Just when I thought it couldn't get more sensational, I took the North Shore Road a little further, following the hollows of trees down and around, it reminded me of a log-flume,or water slide that lands into splendore...such an adventure for the first time! The smells on the breeze, excitement of not knowing what was around the next corner...magical. That was when I found/ saw Maho Bay for the first time. My wife called me Maho as we visited there every day after. We did end up going further to Francis & Leinster, but found ourselves most at home on Maho.
I met (from my understanding...) the original Maho Jim that trip to STJ at BB. He's been talked about before on the forum, but not much. Any old timers/ seasoned STJ inhabitants remember him. He was a more than interesting guy,older, slightly schizophrenic, but I found him harmless and dreamy... (those who knew him might get a giggle out of that one...)
He has since moved back to the mainland, but no trip back then was complete without seeing him and getting him a cold beer. That man was definately hard to follow in conversation from time to time, but I enjoyed his company.
Anyway,I guess how I got my forum name is kind of a toss-up. Found my piece of Heaven on Maho, but also find myself relatively harmless and dreamy! LOL...
So that's that.
Anyone that has an issue with my choice in forum name can feel free to refer to me as Tommy Snickers. So satisfying!
Smiles-
MJ
IA Joe

Post by IA Joe »

IA Joe, because I am from Iowa and I am Joe. Creative huh? I now live in South Dakota, though, so I considered changing to SD Joe. Easier to just leave it IA Joe.