BVI Trip: Soon Come

Travel discussion for St. John
melmd

BVI Trip: Soon Come

Post by melmd »

This probably belongs on the BVI board, but wanted to share here since this forum has been my "home" forum for so long.

I'm heading out for my first real extended visit to the BVI's Feb. 8th. I will be on charter boat out of Tortola for week and I'm pretty excited!! The only place I've been to in the BVI's is Jost and that was a long time ago, so after 5 trips to STJ, BVI's here I come.

I can not wait to wake up and literaly jump overboard to snorkel. No packin up the bag for the day, no hiking to the beach, nope not this trip, it's wake up, coffee, snorkel gear, eat and repeat.

I will post a trip report sans pics (since I don't know hoe to post them) when I get back.
loverotties

Re: BVI Trip: Soon Come

Post by loverotties »

I've always wanted to sail the BVI's someday . . . . . . . I'll be looking forward to your trip report . ENJOY !
Wrinkles Only Go Where The Smiles Have Been !
RickG

Post by RickG »

Be prepared for the "Cruiser's Midnight" at 9PM when a lot of folks start yawning. They are busy days on the water! We love it.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
toni

Post by toni »

We did our first land based BVI trip last month and loved it :) Enjoy!
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

We go to BVIs every other year and StJ the other year. We are always land based, but have taken some day sail trips. Sailing in the BVIs is really beautiful. Have a great time!
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We almost chartered a cat of a BVIS cruise for this trip (I am on Puerto Rico right now, heading to STJ on Sat.) but I was the only boat person in the group and was over ruled.

Have fun and please post a report!