Flander's Villa, Alice By the Sea, Casa YaYa, or Bo Atabey?

Travel discussion for St. John
Jws

Flander's Villa, Alice By the Sea, Casa YaYa, or Bo Atabey?

Post by Jws »

This will be our third trip to St. John but our first since we've had kids. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with Flander's Villa, Alice By The Sea, Casa Yaya, or Bo Atabey?

Flander's only has the one bedroom adjoining the great room with the others being downstairs with separate entrances, so we would probably just put the kids in the great room for quick interior access to them and to hear them if they need us. I noticed lots of families have stayed there and wonder how they did this with the bedroom configurations? Our 9 year old would be fine in a separate pod but our 6 year old would probably not like it (and honestly I would feel uncomfortable having them in essentially a separate building). The Villa looks like it has an awesome outdoor area but I am concerned about one review that said it was so windy there you couldn't even eat outside.

Alice by the Sea looks nice but there isn't sun on the pool or deck in the afternoons, which is probably when we'd use it most after a morning of beaches and snorkeling.

Casa YaYa has amazing views and a nice looking outdoor area but the interior looks a bit beaten up...anyone know if this is the case?

Bo Atabey looks nice as well but there is no AC in the bedrooms and in the summer I think we would like AC...unless there were some good overhead fans. We did Villa Carolina in November one year and there was no need for AC but when we did La Sirena in late June one year, we really needed AC and there was none (nor did the fan in the bedroom work well - it pushed air up not down)! Made for a very sweaty and sleepless honeymoon...and not in the good way. We would stay at Villa Carolina again but at $4000 per week it's out of our price range now. We are looking for about $3200 per week or preferably below.

Thanks so much for your wisdom and help, everyone!
chicagoans

Re: Flander's Villa, Alice By the Sea, Casa YaYa, or Bo Atab

Post by chicagoans »

Alice By The Sea belongs to our very own forumite loria! Recently updated.

I think loria may have also stayed at Bo Atabey on one of her trips.

I like the looks of Flanders. Never been there; I recall reading that it's really windy on the decks. Could be mistaken.
Pia

Post by Pia »

I have been in all of them and my order would be...
Alice By The Sea
Flanders
Casa YaYa
Bo Atabey

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Jws

Post by Jws »

Thanks so much! I really appreciate your replies. Pia, if you have time, would you mind a quick elaboration on the order you would choose and what your thoughts on the villas? Any info is appreciated. Lucky you having been in all of them! :-)
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Just at ALICE by the Sea two days ago and family said pool was fantastic in afternoon after mornings at the beach. They have a three year old! One bedroom has two twin beds and has interior access. I agree with PIA.
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Jws

Post by Jws »

Thanks so much EagleRayLover. Any and all info is much appreciated. :-)
augie

Post by augie »

I hear that Bo Ateby has some weird neighbors...

:twisted:
Come see us!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

We visited Alice by the Sea last month. It was afternoon, and I recall looking for the shady side of the pool because I was a little bit burnt. It is SO LOVELY, with more comfort than I could ever ask for, and if I was looking for a rental for more than one couple, I wouldn't even look around. It'd be Alice by the Sea, for me!