Leaving for stj 10/29

Travel discussion for St. John
debbyg

Leaving for stj 10/29

Post by debbyg »

Hi to everyone. I have been a lurker on this board for a couple years. We will be arriving Mon. Sure hope weather clears up by then. In case it does not anyone have alternative idea's for things to do. My husband snorkels so weather does not bother him, but I am a beach only person. Would appreciate any idea's. Thanks for any sugestions.
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

There's a little rain everyday, but are they having big storms right now?

Ruth, Pia? How's it looking?

You can't ever go by the weather reports here, or you'd think your whole trip was getting ruined. It does rain, but the whole time we were there, we didn't get any weather bad enough to ruin a beach day.

Although, it does look a little gloomy on the web cam right now...
Pia

Post by Pia »

Yep, we're having a little "weather" right now which is normal for October/November as those two months are our rainiest (followed by May) - great for our cisterns :) but not great for visitors :(

All indications and reports are showing it being gone by Sunday :)

Sorry guy's

Pia
RickG

Post by RickG »

The folks at VIVA! promised me sun for Sunday!

We had a day of torrential rain in May. I enjoyed hitting Marketplace, Wharfside and Mongoose. The Tap Room was the most fun stop.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
AnyTing

Post by AnyTing »

Well, when it rains, you could always do THAT.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

We had half a week of rain (real rain not this rains and passes thing) on our very first trip in May. Long time ago. It was still a GREAT week. I am sure Gromit would say it was because she was there, but really it was just the island.
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

If I had a rainy day on STJ I'd stay at the villa and make some yummy drinks and cook up some good food and watch the weather thru my sliding glass doors!
debbyg

Post by debbyg »

Thanks everyone for giving me information. I just hope the mosquitos aren't that bad. We have gone to stj for the last 3 yrs and they really zero'd in on me. They leave my husband alone. What's up with that? This yr I hope I am prepared I got the patch and skin so soft. Looking foward to the vacation anyway.
MrB

Post by MrB »

Ksea wrote:If I had a rainy day on STJ I'd stay at the villa and make some yummy drinks and cook up some good food and watch the weather thru my sliding glass doors!
a girl after my own heart!!

today is a washout...

designbyroe

Post by designbyroe »

I remember rainy days on island.......I would just make a pitcher of something or have a beer or a nice big goblet of wine and listen to music and and watch the rain.......used to love watching it rain sitting at Quiet Mon.......
Heck there were many times we all went swimming in the rain.........lol

There's no $ sign on a peace of mind, this I've come to know
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I'm voting for doing THAT. Or shopping. Both are good.

Booze is also good.

I'm digging Mr. B's reports from the front lines, although I don't think I'll ever take my computer down there. (Of course, maybe then I'd be done with my trip report.)
Ksea

Post by Ksea »

I heart Mr. B :wink:
Neeners

Post by Neeners »

I'm bringing lots of books with me, so if it rains I plan on catching up on my reading...and drinking. We need to learn how to make something exotic. Mmm. TOMORROW!
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

I'm with Viki and Lulu THAT is an awesome rainy day activity. Just like Kenny says Theres Something Sexy Bout the Rain. Coarse ya can't do THAT all day long or ya might not get to go on any hikes. So throw some nice drinks into the mix and just enjoy the sound of the rain coming down and just be, enjoying your sweetie!
Hey just because I like Kenny and his music does that make me a girly man.
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

I can't relate to that song. Of course, I'm terrified of thunderstorms, and I don't think there's anything sexy about rain.

Now, Magic ... I listen to that song now, and I just get it now that I've been to STJ. It's my ring tone while I debate what to do about my dead Razr.