is there life after dark on stj?

Travel discussion for St. John
theoverman

is there life after dark on stj?

Post by theoverman »

on previous trips to stj we have done dinner and headed back to the villa, (not like that's a bad idea), but was wondering if anyone has found something to do after dark worth staying out for.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Lex

Post by Lex »

We're usually up early and in bed early. The only thing we've found worth staying up for is to go see the band Inner Visions play. They once had a regular Wednesday night gig at Fred's, but that's changed. They do play there sometimes, also at Sputnik's in Coral Bay and at Maho. They usually tour off island in summer and fall. Catching them has always ben a highlight of a trip to STJ.
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

"Worth staying up for" really depends on your point of view. Some of our favorite times on the island are spent having a late-night cocktail at a slightly run-down, seaside bar. In Cruz Bay, the Beach Bar, Woody's and Quiet Mon all stay open fairly late (the Quiet Mon until 4). The Beach Bar is usually the best bet for a band several nights a week---check their schedule. Also Fred's, as Lex mentioned, frequently has music. Island Blues in Coral Bay has a lot of music----we usually stay on Cruz Bay side and don't want to make the late-night trek home.
---Jim
krislbi

Post by krislbi »

Beach Bar!
theoverman

Post by theoverman »

cool. see you at the beach bar...very funny jorge, altho the avatar skeeves me out a bit.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

theoverman wrote:cool. see you at the beach bar...very funny jorge, altho the avatar skeeves me out a bit.
Ha! You should've seen his previous avatars! This is a really good one! (although the ostrich was kinda' cute!) :lol:

By the way, welcome to the forum!
theoverman

Post by theoverman »

thanks for the welcome cg, seems like a fun bunch in here...and by the way (after seeing your avatar) i would never tip a donkey (or goat) as jorge suggests...i only plan on tipping things no larger than 16 oz.
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Jorge is a country boy. He knows all about tipping donkeys and goats... and Mountain Dews!

So tip a few Painkillers, Lime n' Coconuts and VI Pale Ales for me! :D
RickG

Post by RickG »

I've been trying to grab one second to respond to this!!

I like the Beach Bar and Fred for that 9PM-1AM party atmosphere. Woody's will stay open and serve food until 1 or 2. Quiet Mon? Yes!

I've had good times at The Front Yard. It is a bit of a younger crowd and the jagermeister does flow. It is usually the last place open, so the die hards literally stumble over as everthing else closes. They do have some good bands and we always stop by when The Supervillains play - slam dancin' to the ska beat!

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Claggs

Post by Claggs »

Can you get a taxi home around 11 or 12? We are staying 10-15 min. from town. I would love to avoid driving on the left after drinks.
bj

Post by bj »

Fred's is a GREAT local bar where tourists and locals dance to live music.
Fred's this season is back to having music. Fred's daughter is taking over since Fred has some health problems. You should check out Wednesday, Friday and Saturdays for music. The place just went through some remodeling if you remember the bathrooms in the past :( there has been a big improvement! :lol:
Peace,
bj
Rachelle & Joe

late nites

Post by Rachelle & Joe »

hi all, pretty much know all that mentioned but Fred's? where is it? maybe we know it by different name? Thanks!
Lex

Post by Lex »

Fred's has been Fred's for decades. It's across from the Lime Inn.
Rachelle & Joe

late nites

Post by Rachelle & Joe »

Got it! Thanks Lex 8)