Airfare Predictions

Travel discussion for St. John
Randy in MD

Post by Randy in MD »

Summertime $182/RT on Spirit for DCA - STT right now if you can fly on Tuesdays. $210/RT on AA from IAD - STT, also midweek only.
2Feathers

Post by 2Feathers »

We've been searching for best fares in June out of either Charlotte or Atlanta. We can fly US Air out of Atlanta for around $380, and out of Charlotte for about $100 more. Crazy thing is, the cheaper tickets out of Atlanta fly through Charlotte. And guess what? The flight from Charlotte to STT is the same either way (same flight number)!!

So we can (option A) drive to Charlotte for a non-stop flight down for around $480; or (option B) drive to Atlanta, catch a connecting flight to Charlotte, then hook up with the same flight as in option A for a $100 less... Does this make any sense?? How can adding an extra flight to the itinerary save the airlines $100??
mricco

airfare predictions

Post by mricco »

Spirit's airfare today from D.C. is $382.30 R.T.
Mricco
m ricco
Grace

Post by Grace »

Oil topped out over $100 a barrel today, don't wait to long to book. Try this site and if you find something, check the airline websites sometimes they are cheaper.
http://www.bookingbuddy.com

We got lucky, we booked for this May in November, 2007.
$260 plus tax. JFK to STT A/A. Direct flight. That same flight right now is $150 more for each person. :roll:
laxcat

Post by laxcat »

Scored LAX (los angeles way out west) to STT a couple of weeks ago for $240 for my trip in July. Key was watching that dang fare daily on multiple sights but using the flexible departure feature at AA.com ended up giving me the best deal. Trying to get tickets for a friend now and the lowest is $344 (still good, but I've got some time to keep watching.
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

American's prices dropped a bit last night for June.
lbrlwyr

Post by lbrlwyr »

Ugh....prices from Washington, DC (6/21- 28) still haven't moved very much off the $550 mark except if we make 2 stops ($485) which really isn't worth the aggravation in my opinion.

Any thoughts on when we should decide to pull the trigger here? (next week? by 3/30?) At this point I would be happy with sub-$450 but don't want to wait too long.

Damn oil prices!

Eric
turtlegirl

Post by turtlegirl »

Just booked for January 2009. Sat. to Sat. $299 rt plus taxes non-stop BOS to STT on aa. I think that's pretty good, but as a newbie am shcoked at how much more villas cost in season rather then off. Wow, cold weather costs a lot!
Steve S

Post by Steve S »

Ah, direct from Boston... we were just lamenting how Delta taking us through Atlanta from Boston will double travel time to 8+ hours when we go next month.

I'm going to start a new thread on direct flights to STT.
islandgirl

Post by islandgirl »

look on wednesday nights after midnight. airlines change their prices then. you might be able to hook up some really cheap flights. if they want to fill up a plane sometimes they offer flights for dirt cheap. thats what we always do. good luck!
lbrlwyr

Post by lbrlwyr »

This is getting out of control! Flights from Washington, DC to STT are up to $575 r/t today. I think I need to stop checking flights so much...it is just raising my blood pressure. I am going to give this another 2 weeks or so before I cry uncle and sell my left leg to purchase flights for the family.

Thank you OPEC!

Eric