Carry-on Karma

Travel discussion for St. John
RickG

Carry-on Karma

Post by RickG »

I'm sitting above Coral Bay trying to do an online checkin for today's flight home. No luck so far, and we are ready for carry-on only. That's what we get for buying a multiple carrier itinerary through Orbitz, going home on United tickets via a USAir codeshare. What the heck, it saved us $800.

If I do have to check-in at the airport I'm bringing home my leftover 12 pack of Presidente!!

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Safe travels home Rick may the travel Gods be with you and your gang :D
theshopper3

Post by theshopper3 »

Hey Rick,

I'll take the 12 pack off your hands for yeah :D
Just bury it in a safe place & send me a map :lol:

Safe travels home. Looking forward to a trip report & pic's.

The Shopper
mrscaptainjay

Post by mrscaptainjay »

I feel your pain. The same thing happened to us last nov. We traveled carry on only to avoid the lines. But the day of our deparure US Air web page was down so we couldn't check in. I was pretty frustrated after packing according to all the carry on rules. We finally gave up and went to the airport thinking we would have to wait in a long line. But when we got there I walked right up to the counter. It was unbelievable. I had us checked in and custom forms filled out before jay could get back from returning the rental car. But then again it wasn't a Saturday! Have a safe trip home. It was great meeting you guys!
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Jorge I think I had help
Tom
sailorgirl

Re: Carry-on Karma

Post by sailorgirl »

RickG wrote:I'm sitting above Coral Bay trying to do an online checkin for today's flight home. No luck so far, and we are ready for carry-on only. That's what we get for buying a multiple carrier itinerary through Orbitz, going home on United tickets via a USAir codeshare. What the heck, it saved us $800.

If I do have to check-in at the airport I'm bringing home my leftover 12 pack of Presidente!!

Cheers, RickG
Sounds like an excellent plan!
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

Safe travels to you & your family. Can't wait to read your report.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Rachelle & Joe

RICK G BACK HOME

Post by Rachelle & Joe »

:) HOPE U ALL HAVE A SAFE TRIP BACK !! it's alway's a bummer leaving the island but lucky u there's another countdown in the works !!!
RickG

Post by RickG »

Check-in was an hour and twenty minutes plus another half hour for security. Saturday? Before Easter? What was I thinking?!!!! Spank me.

Great trip, though.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
latuller

Post by latuller »

We did yesterday's US Airways check in, too. We arrived at the airport around 2:15 and were at the gate by 3:30. Then our flight boarded early and actually left the ground early! I guess all that did, though, was get us home before the 6 inches of snow on our truck had time to melt! Re-entry is tough!
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Hey Rick, it was good seeing you and your family on the island. We did get our boarding passes printed Fri. afternoon. Had to be on the 6:00 am ferry to make a 9:00 flight. Kids are not happy at this point. Then we have to fly to San Juan, then Miami, then Houston. I'm still getting sh%t. But we had our customs form filled out (I always keep several at home), got to the airport before 7:00, had 3 people in front of us in line for customs, went in the carry-on only line for security, and the whole process took about 13 minutes. I guess if your going to travel on a Holiday, it's best to leave early in the day. I was ready for a couple of Bloody Marys by 9:00 am.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

RickG wrote:Check-in was an hour and twenty minutes plus another half hour for security. Saturday? Before Easter? What was I thinking?!!!! Spank me.

Great trip, though.

Cheers, RickG
LOL...I feel your pain. Try the Orlando airport the saturday before easter on a 2 pm flight. Airtran was having issues with online check-in and we literally got the last 3 seats on the plane. Did I mention they were not together!?!?!? AHHHH...With a 5 year old and 14 month old in tow. So flip-flop and the kiddos were in the WAY back next to last row while Mr. Flip was in the bulkhead seat with lots of leg room. NO, I am not bitter ;) I am just reporting the facts.