View from Bongo Bongo

Travel discussion for St. John
Armchair Traveler

View from Bongo Bongo

Post by Armchair Traveler »

Hi All,

I am trying to plan my 2nd trip and this time my husband and I will be bringing another couple who have never been. I am convinced they will love it as much as I already do! Our first trip was this past January and we stayed in the Coral Bay area at Astral Cottage. Loved it! We are trying to get back for early next year and are currently deciding on villas. We have another couple and the guy is a contracter and super critical-in a good way-he just has high standards. I am going to throw out Reef Madness to them because it seems awesome but in case they want something closer to town, I have been thinking Bongo Bongo.

The thing is, we loved Coral Bay. It is just more our vibe. I am a little paranoid of Choc hole and the other areas closer to Cruz Bay because of all of the construction. Bongo Bongo looks perfect for us. Truly perfect, and I can send our friend to the blog, who will definitely appreciate it. How is the privacy and view from there. Are you close to other villas? Do you hear a lot of stuff? At Astral, we heard no one and no noise other then the frogs, and loved it. Thanks!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I stayed at Bongo for my honeymoon and it was very private and there were no villas on either side that interfered with us. There were other villas in front of us of course. I have a photo album of all the pic's I took of the villa and the views, if you are interested PM or email me.
island boy

Post by island boy »

Bongo Bongo would be a great choice! Well decorated and nice pool.
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

Bongo Bongo is awesome - great views, equal master bedrooms and very nicely decorated. We stayed there 2 years ago. However, it's pretty booked- I think the first opening in 2009 is late February. Happy hunting! We're in the process too for the first week of February for 2 couples also.
NancyB
CHM

Post by CHM »

Bongo Bongo is awesome and the view is AMAZING! You will love this villa!
papabou

Post by papabou »

i followed and greatly enjoyed the bongo blog and while i have never been in bb, i have seen website pics and others posted. awesome villa, buttt, i believe view to left is hart bay and to right is chocolate hole, home of that latest pock on the face of stj known as "pond bay". we stayed in area in dec in one of our old favs and there must be 10 acres of cleared ground at east end of choc hole at beach and around the salt pond.

no construction to speakof when we were there but i understand that has changed. could be a distraction.

papabou